Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rough concept--rogue hero killing the others
11-27-2012, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 10:45 PM by kassle.)
RE: Rough concept--rogue hero killing the others
(11-27-2012 09:45 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I love this idea! I would absolutely love to play a scenario like that. It is a bit tricky, though to think of how would it work exactly. How would the "rogue hero" be able to work towards achieving some sort of goal without making themselves known?

Maybe there would be some kind of hero goal, such as collecting certain items. So, the rogue hero can be doing the same thing, hoping that he/she will find the items first.

Then, whenever they are revealed (however that would work in the scenario) the heroes can win by killing the rogue hero, or still completing their objective. Whereas the rogue hero would maybe win by killing X number of heroes (including any killed by zombies), or preventing the heroes from completing their tasks. Basically, then, zombies would win if the rogue hero wins. Just my thoughts. Anybody else?

I think you may be onto something StayPuft. Your idea makes the most sense to me so far.

Perhaps the Rogue Hero is only playable with certain scenarios or "created" scenarios that are similar to certain scenarios) such as Stock Up, Hunt for Survivors, etc. - the scenarios that require search and rescue.

The Rogue Hero is supposed to go undercover and help the Heroes with their goals...but once the items/townsfolk are found, the Rogue Hero's job is to steal the resources or to kill the found "townsfolk" because they know his secret/have evidence.

I would assume endgame involves the Heroes still keeping all of the found items (or townsfolk alive) for the duration of the game. Killing the Rogue Hero could be optional, but they must have the items at the required location, and survive any fights on their final turn to win. The Rogue Hero would win by killing a certain number of Heroes (similar to the Zombies) or by gathering all of the items and having them at his own location by endgame. And, of course, the standard Zombie conditions apply. Although I am unclear if killing the Rogue Hero should count against the Heroes. Seems like it should, in the sense that they are all Humans, and it could present a dilemma for the Heroes - kill the Rogue Hero before the Zombies do, so they don't get a point.

Another interesting piece to throw in would be making the Free Search markers mandatory. If the Rogue Hero manages to turn over the New Hero Found marker, then they get a second Rogue Hero to work with (who would not be replaced, if killed, as per normal game rules).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rough concept--rogue hero killing the others - kassle - 11-27-2012 10:42 PM