Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another idea - Use for the alternative colored zombies
02-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Another idea - Use for the alternative colored zombies
I posted a thread not too long ago about ideas for possible custom powers to assign to each of the alternative colored zombies that are available as web exclusives on the Flying Frog website. As you may know, they offer black, purple, crystal red, and crystal blue zombies.

They have no real purpose. They are just offered for collectors, I suppose, who just feel like having varied colors for their zombies.

Recently, I had a game night with my gaming buddy who owns this game along with every single expansion. We used the Grave Weapon zombies for the first time. The ability to turn some of your zombies into Grave Weapon zombies comes (along with tokens to use) from the Survival of the Fittest expansion. You can also get the separate Zombies with Grave Weapons miniatures expansion. However, not all of the Grave Weapons types have a miniature.

So, that led me to thinking... you could probably use the alternative color zombies to signify Grave Weapon zombies! For example:

- Blood Splatter could be represented by the crystal red zombies
- Freshly Dead (Or was it Newly Dead for Grave Weapons?) could be represented by the purple zombies
- Stench of Death could be represented by the black zombies

I couldn't remember if there are any other Grave Weapon types that don't have miniatures. I don't yet own SOTF or the miniatures myself. However, this is one example of how you could actually make practical use of the alternate color zombies. ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Another idea - Use for the alternative colored zombies - StayPuft - 02-06-2013 10:32 PM