Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you all take Town Elders to a Showdown
02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Do you all take Town Elders to a Showdown
(02-13-2013 11:53 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  The ones that add +2 attack against certain types of villains are great. Also, Lady Hanbrook lets you ignore 1 wound every round, and the doc lets you ignore wounds too. That rules. I always try to take 1. The only one I haven't ever used is Sophie. Rarely does one need to cancel mystery or event cards during the showdown, and it isn't even guaranteed. Maybe she is more useful in competitive mode; I have only done co-op.

Sophie is essential against the shadow witch- the shadow witch gets +1 combat for every mystery card that remains in play- removing them from the picture is a huge deal. In fact, if the villain is benefitting from a lot of combat buffs such as 'ancient evil' or 'growing power' or some of the more brutal mystery cards such as 'something wicked' are in play, she can make a huge difference.
A valid tactic can be to bring sophie to a showdown you have no intention of winning just to sweep the mystery cards away.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you all take Town Elders to a Showdown - themanfromsaturn - 02-14-2013 11:30 AM