Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Escape in the Truck Reimagined
04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Escape in the Truck Reimagined
Ok, I tried to consolidate all of the clarifications back into the official instructions. I hope this is clear. Please LMK if you can think of a simpler way to explain all of this and also let me know how it goes if anyone gives this a try! Thank you again everyone for the kind words.

1) Place the truck in the center of Town. Remove all of the Gasoline cards from the Hero Deck. The Gasoline is obtained from a "Well Stocked" Gas Station that cannot be taken over. Place counters 1-6 facedown in random buildings. Roll a d6 to determine the counter that is the Truck Keys.

2) Heros can replace their move/search roll with a d6 to look for the Truck Keys. On the roll of 1-3 Take a Hero Card. On the roll of 4+ reveal the counter.
-If Hero is killed carrying Truck Keys then their Zombie Hero must be killed to recover them.

3) To fill up the truck with gas a Hero must give up their turn in the truck and discard the Gasoline.

4) Once the Heros attempt to start the truck, the Hero with the Truck Keys becomes "The Driver" and the"Escape Phase" begins.
-To attempt to start the Truck and begin the "Escape Phase", the Hero with the Truck Keys must give up their turn at the truck and roll a d6 for each Hero in truck. The truck starts on the roll of 6.

5) Escape phase - The following rule changes are now in effect.
-The Driver always goes first in subsequent human turns. All the driver can do is attempt to start the truck. They cannot fight, shoot range weapons, or use special abilities. If the Driver is ever left alone with a zombie then they are immediately killed and the game is over.
-the sun tracker stops and the 4 Hero death win condition no longer applies.
-Heros cannot leave the truck but can get on the truck.
-Heros killed DO become Zombie Heros and Heros DO NOT respawn.
-Fights on the truck only happen on Zombie turn and when Heros win they knock the zombies 1 space out of the truck (Heros Choice).

6) Once truck is started all zombies or Zombie Heros in the truck must be either killed or knocked off the truck by beating them in a fight. No more zombies can get onto the truck after it has started and the Zombie player can not draw new cards.-Driver now rolls 2 dice at the start of each subsequent hero turn that the humans fail to clear the truck. If the Driver rolls doubles then the truck crashes and the escape failed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Escape in the Truck Reimagined - deepfreeze - 04-08-2013 08:16 AM