Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Townsfolk? More like Heroes!
04-06-2013, 07:31 AM
RE: Townsfolk? More like Heroes!
(04-05-2013 10:46 AM)Twilight_Sonata Wrote:  DEPUTY TAYLOR
THE SHERIFF'S SIDEKICK
Law Enforcement - Male
"Sheriff Anderson… is that you?"
START: POLICE STATION
Special Rules:
COVER FIRE - May start the game with a Revolver. Once per Activation when he misses a target with a Ranged Attack, select one:
- The next Ranged Attack made against that target by another Hero before the end of the Hero Turn gets a +1 bonus.
- The next time before the end of the Hero Turn that another Hero Fights the target, that Hero may roll an extra Fight Die.
[WOUNDED] [WOUNDED] [DEAD]

DOC BRODY
COUNTRY PHYSICIAN
Medical - Male
"There an old country remedy for Zombies… an AXE!"
START: HOSPITAL
Special Rules:
IMMUNITY - Cannot gain any Infected Markers or be turned into a Zombie Hero.
TREATMENT - As a Move Action, may choose an Infected Marker or a [Remains in Play] Zombie Card on himself or another Hero in the same space and discard it on the D6 roll of 4+.

FARMER STY
THE FARMER
Farmer - Male
"Who's in here? I told you kids to stay outta my barn!"
START: FARMHOUSE
Special Rules:
GET BACK! - When a Zombie would move from an adjacent space, may immediately end that Zombie's movement on the D6 roll of 5+.

LIZZY
SHOPKEEPER
Military - Female
"Don't get all stingy with your bullets. One more clean shot to the head..."
START: GUN SHOP
Special Rules:
ARSENAL - May start the game with a Pump Shotgun.
DOUBLE TAP - Once per Round, may immediately make a Ranged Attack with a Gun at a single Zombie within range beaten in a Fight. This never causes a Gun to run out of ammo or thus be discarded.

MR. GOMEZ
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Teacher - Male
"Don't think you're getting out of detention just because you're a zombie."
START: HIGH SCHOOL
Special Rules:
DETENTION - During the start of each Hero Turn, may cancel a single Zombie Card on the roll of 5+ (or 3+ if the card is Bickering, Catfight, or This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth and targets at least one Student Hero).

"T-BONE"
FOOTBALL JOCK
Student - Male
"Hey, guys, what's up? Did you know there's, like, Zombies out there?"
START: HIGH SCHOOL
Special Rules:
ASSIST - Any Student Hero in the same space may roll an extra Fight Die.
COME AT ME, BRO! - When a Zombie would move from an adjacent space, may force that Zombie to move into his space on the D6 roll of 3+.
YOUTH - May give up a Move Action to Fully Heal.
[WOUNDED] [DEAD]

Hi. I think it is a cool idea to use the townsfolk as Heros. Great job with all of the abilities. I have a few comments on the above characters. Do whatever you think is right, but I have some suggestions.

Deputy Taylor - I think that the cover fire ability is a little hard to understand. Being able to pick one of two effects seems a little complicated. I would suggest just making it one of them. I also think that the ability to stop the zombie that he fires at from moving would be a cool ability.

Doc Brody - If the Nurse can heal people 100% of the time, I don't think it would be too overpowered to let the Doctor remove feeling strange 100%. I would suggest modeling this one after the nurse and only letting him do this to other Heros though. Not sure why thematically he should be immune to I'm feeling Strange.
-Also, I am confused as to why he should have to give up a move for a 50% chance of a card cancel. Hero abilities in general are not even considered part of the Hero turn in all of the base Heros?

Farmer Stye - I think this ability lets him stop zombies from moving into his square. Is that what you meant? You might just write to let him knock back zombies that actually do move into his square. A little easier to explain I think.

Lizzy - I think she is frankly overpowered (but her Townsfolk card probably is to haha). The pump shotgun is arguably the best weapon in the game. I don't think any hero should start with it. Adding the ability to shoot 2x without the possibility of running out of ammo seems a little much to me.

Principal Gomez - His ability is a little hard to understand. Why the two different dice rules for specific cards? I think making this one rule fits all to streamline is probably a good idea.

T Bone - I don't quite get his Come at me ability. Is this just to let him break ties if zombie hunger could go either way?

Anyways. Great ideas. Thank you for sharing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Townsfolk? More like Heroes! - deepfreeze - 04-06-2013 07:31 AM