Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced?
04-06-2013, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 11:55 PM by Twilight_Sonata.)
RE: Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced?
Why do the Females all only have two wounds? Are they supposed to be Students or something? 'Cause if they have two wounds rather than three just 'cause they're girls... Well, we have Becky, Rachelle, Stacy, and Nikki that would like a word with you. And speaking of gender stereotypes, the "Married" feature is pretty questionable.

You might want to work on the wording for Sprinter. That makes it seem like the character loses the bonus even if he's in a building and wouldn't be affected by Heavy Rain? Why not just word it identically to Billy's ability?

Rework might also use some rewording, and it's quite a bit under-powered. How about instead of any time he enter a building with Lights Out, it can be activated any time he enters a space of a building with Lights Out? Heck, I'd even say let it succeed on a roll or 4+.

Regarding total power...
- Crystal seems very under-powered to me, could be remedied by removing Delicate and Married and giving her 3 wounds.
- Same solution for Jamie; this would make her identical mechanically to Becky, but I figure you don't care 'cause Jonathan is already identical mechanically to Sheriff Anderson.
- Lucas's "Catch!"-duplicating feature could use a bit more limitation, in my opinion. For example, only let him use it during his Exchange Items phase, or maybe make him do it in place of a Ranged Attack. If you did that, I think you'd be able to safely get rid of Lightweight (which doesn't make much thematic sense considering how much of an Athlete he apparently is).
- I don't think Austin needs that penalty. It just makes him pretty much objectively worse than Ed Baker. Maybe if he didn't have the Upgrade itself but rather the text of the Upgrade you could keep the penalty if you really want it? Like how Sally doesn't have the Upgrade Lucky but starts with its text. The distinction is that actually having the Upgrade card itself means that the Hero's subsequent earned upgrades cost more, which is a penalty itself.
- Jeremiah looks overpowered. Clean Up On Aisle 7 is a great ability all on its own. That's why Kenny gets just that and Youth (but only has 2 health boxes). Especially combined with being able to lower a Zombie's Fight Die, it's way too good, in my opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced? - Twilight_Sonata - 04-06-2013 11:54 PM