Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Mutation Add-on (update: + New Scenario + more images)
04-16-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 11:38 PM by labrys.)
RE: Mutation Add-on (update: + New Scenario + more images)
Maybe the unstable zombie is too 'fiddly'..
Otherwise there's only three types of zombie..
A walking spawning pit.
One that essentially gets bigger / becomes a one man pack.
and The contagious one that makes the other two zombies (and mutates heroes)
Its a simple version of grave dead really!

As for balance.. their are as many negtive effects as positive, so I figured it would balance itself out. you might get a crummy hero that cant do anything and dies quick, and you might get one super powered hero that moved 8 squares, and kicked ass.

I could scrap the hero unstable mutation card, but would have to make a big pack of single mutations to replace it. If players can only have one mutation at a time they just discard their last one.. or are stuck with it and don’t have to pick up another. That could be a lot simpler, but more ink hungry!

The idea behind the unstable was to save swapping cards. Once someone is mutated they can't be mutated again, and to add some element of randomness to the game.

eg.
The hero becomes mutated and picks up a mutation card to see how they were mutated. The card they pick up is "unstable mutation", and they put it on their character, and place the mutation track marker on the top dot.

[Image: t0.jpg]

When they then start their turn, they throw a 5 for movement.
The tracker is moved 5 dots to see how it effected them
[Image: t1.jpg]
In this case +1 to movement so they can move 6 spaces this turn.

On the next turn they throw a 2 for movement. The tracker is moved round two dots. They get a +1 to attack rolls this turn
[Image: t2.jpg]

During their fighting they take a wound and move the tracker inwards one dot
[Image: t2b.jpg]

Next turn they throw a 2 for movement. It lands on nothing so they have no effect this turn.
[Image: t3.jpg]

Maybe I did not explain it well enough. Maybe I just like complicated. Who knows?!?

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mutation Add-on - labrys - 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Mutation Add-on (update: + New Scenario + more images) - labrys - 04-16-2013 11:34 PM