Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
LNOE Travel Edition?!?!
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: LNOE Travel Edition?!?!
Are you sure that you could need to get rid of the modular game board completely? You could always just downsize the center board and each of the outer boards. Something like this should be roughly as big as just the center board is normally:

[Image: Untitled_zps8a27f5b7.png]

The random vertical and horizontal lines are just to show what directions the doors would be put in the building. After that, just have character roll a D3 for movement rather than a D6 and I think you're on the right track. Maybe have Zombies roll for movement too to halve their speed, like if they need to roll a 4+ to move their normal 1 space and otherwise don't move at all, with Zombie Heroes and other normally D3 movers having 1 and 2 = 0, 3 and 4 = 1, and 5 and 6 = 2. Alice's ability only works when she rolls 1, Billy's ability only works on a D6 roll of 4+ (or still works normally because Billy isn't very good anyway), all Ranged Weapon ranges are halved (round down), Gasoline doesn't affect adjacent spaces... The real question is how to modify number of Heroes and number of Zombies. I also want to say halve both (2 Heroes, Zombies playing as though there were only one of them), but I have no idea what the actual balance implications of that would be.

Or, for a possibly simpler idea, just play Alone in the Dark. Maybe come up with new scenarios to work with that smaller board set-up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
LNOE Travel Edition?!?! - friskers96 - 04-16-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: LNOE Travel Edition?!?! - Twilight_Sonata - 04-16-2013 10:01 AM
RE: LNOE Travel Edition?!?! - LabRat - 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: LNOE Travel Edition?!?! - friskers96 - 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM