Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Storage
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 11:42 AM by Twilight_Sonata.)
RE: Storage
I think that these sound like neat ideas, but I can't say that the problem that they solve is one that occurs so frequently as to actually warrant such a "fix". In other words, I think that, nine games out of ten, such a card would end up just a waste of a good Search. Maybe they can be buffed, though. Maybe if a Storage container in a building were considered to be in every space of the building rather than just one space? Or maybe if, like Extra Doors, storage containers were not a card but rather an extra optional game feature that simply applied to every building? Something like...

Storage (two dots?):
Heroes can store Items in buildings. While so stored, place the Item's card to the side, neither with any Hero, nor in the discard pile, nor removed from the game. To store an Item in a building or to retrieve an Item stored in a building, a Hero simply treats the building as though it were another Hero during their Exchange Items phase. Items are not shared between different buildings, of course, and the number of Items that can be stored in a building is equal to half the number of spaces in that building (rounded down). If a building is destroyed, any Items that had been stored in it are removed from the game.

Alternatively...

Storage (one dot?):
Heroes can store Items in buildings. While so stored, place the Item's card to the side, neither with any Hero, nor in the discard pile, nor removed from the game. To store an Item in a building, a Hero simply treats the building as though it were another Hero during their Exchange Items phase. Any Hero Searching in a building may take an Item that has been previously stored in that building by any Hero, instead of drawing from the top of the Hero Deck. Items are not shared between different buildings, of course, and the number of Items that can be stored in a building is equal to half the number of spaces in that building (rounded down). If a building is destroyed, any Items that had been stored in it are removed from the game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Storage - labrys - 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: Storage - Twilight_Sonata - 04-21-2013 11:36 AM
RE: Storage - labrys - 04-21-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Storage - spiritusXmachina - 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Storage - labrys - 04-28-2013, 02:59 PM