Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
05-20-2013, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 10:33 PM by MoonSylver.)
RE: Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
(05-19-2013 07:44 AM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 11:40 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Has anyone else looked at the photographs that Liliana appears in? It's interesting to note that when she appears with another character, that character often seems unaware of her presence (back turned, looking another direction, etc.)

Now I'm turning my thoughts to other characters who may be more than they seem- heroes with the 'strange' keyword come to mind.

I've already put forth my personal theories about Heinrich Cartwright. Adrianna the foreign traveler is interesting, and there may be something there as well.

This is awesome- I'd never have figured this out (if it's true) I love that there are mysteries within the game.

Jason is the one that dropped the hint. Combine that with all the clues in this thread & it seems pretty conclusive. If we take it as a given that ONE of the heroes is a ghost for certain, she seems like the only likely canidate, especially with the evidence as presented. Watchmen02

(05-19-2013 07:44 AM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  Liliana appears on the Mystery card "Haunted Ground"...that's probably a huge hint. She's also pictured on the Event card "A Painful Truth". Wonder what that "painful truth" could be, hmmm...

Given that Cartwright seems to be the one delivering the "painful truth", my theory is that he knew her from "before" & tells her the truth, that she's a Ghost.

Now, here are some OTHER mysteries of Liliana that have NOT been solved:

What kind of ghost is she? 1) Visable or Invisable? Heard or Unheard? 2) Solid or Intangible?

Here's my thinking:

1)while all the cards she appears in seem to indicate that none of the other heroes can see her, it seems like it would be hard for her to gain Allies or "interact" with the town if she couldn't be seen & heard. Unless she "imagines" her interactions & really is just following them around, listening in on conversations, etc (kinda like in "The 6th Sense" for example)

2) I would imagine that she is solid, or else there wouldn't be a way for her to gain/use Items. Her mini even shows her wielding a blade & book (unless, again, it's her way of coping & she pictures herself "using" these items, while in reality it's ghostly powers throwing objects & such).

My conclusion? After thinking about it quite a bit I think I'm picturing her & may play her kind of like Brandon Lee in "The Crow", Visible & tangable, seen, heard, & felt. Not readily distinguishable from the living. Sort of a "Ghost who walks" if you will. Otherwise it presents a lot of logistical problems on how she "interacts" with the game if you will.

The other option would be to think of her in terms of other cinematic ghosts, like the aforementioned, or sort of like "The Others" to site another one. Ghosts who don't know they're ghosts & delude themselves in order to perpetuate the illusion that they are still alive, people see & hear them, etc.

(05-20-2013 08:14 PM)Fake Ghost Pirate Wrote:  Along these same lines, I think Argot Blackwell may be an ancestor of the Winchesters...

As in the inventors of the Winchester rifle? How so?
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!? - MoonSylver - 05-20-2013 10:32 PM