Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Look at the top Card of the Deck before Searching? Or 3 Health Boxes with Youth?
05-01-2013, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 11:28 PM by Twilight_Sonata.)
RE: Look at the top Card of the Deck before Searching? Or 3 Health Boxes with Youth?
(05-01-2013 10:57 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  I'm defiantly making Isabella up and running her through, I'm thinking of seeing how she works with a starting weapon, then I'm going to run her with an unarmed combat bonus, need to check the hero upgrade deck for ideas.

Come to think of it, an unarmed bonus might make her too epic, no reason to look for weapons so she could post up in 1 spot and just box em up and heal every turn... Maybe a range bonus on firearms, a marksmen bonus...

Try running her with no unique abilities at all (just Youth and her 3 Health Boxes) alongside Amanda and/or Sally to see what I mean about maybe needing something a bit extra both balance-wise and to make her more unique. Right now, I'm leaning towards giving her:

BRING IT ON - When another Hero must Fight a Zombie in her space, may Fight in that Hero's stead on the D6 roll of 4+ (before Fight Dice are rolled).

I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm going to try running a couple of scenarios today with that to see how it feels. It's situational for sure, requiring that she be in a space with another, that she be willing and able to take a Fight in their place, and that she roll a 4+, but Amanda's Beautiful ability can be said to be similarly situational, almost never coming up but still being neat to have thematically. I'm almost concerned that Bring It On is too unreliable as-is and that I should either make it 3+ or make her take a Wound to transfer the Fight rather than rolling at all.

What I cam certain of right now, though, is that I'd like for whatever her other ability is to involve other Heroes in her space. That makes it more properly situational and thematically fitting, I think. Even if it's a combat bonus to herself, like getting to re-roll Fight Dice rolls of 1 like I had originally though of, it should be something only activated when she's with somebody else.

Quote:I liked my back story... Insane19

I like it too, and I think it'd make for a great character! It'd just not exactly how I pictured her specifically is all. She could be said to be a troublemaker, sure, but only in the sense that she's gotten with a couple of fights with other students when they've disrespected her or her friends, like the time that she gave T-Bone a black eye for grabbing her butt. Plus, I have reservations about introducing what would be the sole Latina character in the story and giving her gang affiliations. Yeah, LNOE is very stereotype-driven in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way, but I don't quite want to go that far.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look at the top Card of the Deck before Searching? Or 3 Health Boxes with Youth? - Twilight_Sonata - 05-01-2013 11:25 PM