Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Nearly there, here is my teaser..
05-03-2013, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 10:54 PM by friskers96.)
RE: Nearly there, here is my teaser..
Scenario : Forgive Me My Trespasses

~ Ever since the exorcism of Janice Blaine, Father Joseph (Man of the Cloth) has had a deeply growing resentment towards the Townsfolk of Woodinvale. Over the last 25 years he has seen the sins of his congregation grow and it has slowly sowed the seeds of anger in his heart. Over the last few years, Father Joseph has researched to find a way to cleanse his congregation. He found ancient texts and rituals of a mass exorcism of sorts, meant to cleanse Woodinvale and its inhabitants of their sins and transgressions. Tonight, his internal rage has boiled over, and tonight the sins of the "Father" will be cast onto his flock. Unbeknownst to Father Joseph, his anger and resentment has been stoked by the un-holy demon Belial, who once tried to gain entry to this world through the body of Janice Blaine. Tonight Father Joseph is no longer a servant of God, he is now a lap dog of Satan... ~

Turns : 15

Scenario Items : Altar Token, Ritual Circle Token, The Amulet Token, The Cross Token, The Skull Token, The Book Token, L-Board with Church must be used, Father Joseph Character Card,

Scenario Special Rules :
Zombies : Zombies Auto Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Relic Zombies (X4), Zombie Villain

Heroes : Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (2), Survival Decks

*Relic Zombies : Relic Zombies are Zombie Grave Dead with the Freshly Dead and Brainthirsty abilities (D3 movement and 2 health boxes). Game starts with 1 Relic Zombie per Relic (Amulet, Cross, Skull, and Book). Relic Zombies will follow the shortest path to the Church. Relic Zombies will IGNORE Zombie Hunger and will not engage Heroes while in possession of a Relic unless provoked by a Hero (i.e. attacked). Relic Zombies will only fight the Hero that provoked them. Fight will continue until the Hero or Relic Zombie is eliminated. If Hero is eliminated the Relic Zombie will continue it path to the Church. Any Relic Zombie that is killed will re-spawn at the closest Zombie Spawn point. The next Zombie Player Turn they MUST move to reclaim their relic and continue their path to the Church. Once the Relic Zombies objective is complete they no longer re-spawn after elimination. Relic Zombies will remain in the Church to aid in the Ritual after delivering their Relic. Once the Ritual is performed they will leave the Church with Belial to wreak havoc on the town.

*Relic Zombie Hero : Anytime a Hero picks up a Relic, if they fail a D6 roll of 4+ they are transformed into a Relic Zombie Hero. Relic Zombie Heroes have the D3 movement rate but acquire the health of the inflicted Hero.

*Zombie Villain : Belial; Angel of Hostility; "Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.” Enhanced Zombie Hero, Three Wound markers and Special Ability. Has a D3 movement rate and 1D6 Fight Dice. Takes the place of Father Joseph after the "Ritual" has been performed. Special Ability: If a Hero rolls a 1 on any of their fight dice while in a Fight with Belial, that Hero instantly loses the Fight and is knocked back D3 spaces (Zombie Player's choice).

*Father Joseph : Non-controlled character. Place holder for Belial after the "Ritual" is performed. Cannot be the Target of any card or effect in play. He is not classified as a Hero, Villain, or Zombie. Heroes are "unaware" of Father Joseph's involvement, and have no need to seek him out.

*Ritual Circle : The Ritual Circle is placed inside the Church. The circle acts as a barrier, "sealing" the church. Only Relic Zombies, Relic Zombie Heroes, and Father Joseph may occupy the Church before the completion of the "Ritual". The Ritual Circle does not allow the Church to become the target of ANY card or action.

*Ritual Items : The Amulet Token, The Cross Token, The Skull Token, and The Book Token are all the Ritual Items. Ritual Items will be referred to as Relics. The Relic Zombies are tasked with carrying these items to Father Joseph in the Church. If a Relic Zombie is eliminated while holding the Relic, it is dropped in the current square. Heroes may pick up a Relic after it is dropped, but must pass a D6 roll of 4+ to avoid being instantly turned into a Relic Zombie Hero.

Game Setup :
Pull Father Joseph and the L-Board with the Church from the selection piles and set aside, both MUST be used in this scenario. Randomly draw 3 L-boards and use either generic center of town board (Do not use Manor House or Radio Station). Zombie Player rolls D6 for the Random placement of Relics. On each Relic place 1 of the Red Zombie Figures. The Red Zombie Figures represent Relic Zombies and possess the Zombie Grave Dead Abilities Bloodthirsty and Freshly Dead. Relic Zombies need not be placed on Zombie Spawning Pits and DO NOT count towards the 14 Zombie limit. Zombie Player rolls regularly for starting zombies, and Hero Player draws 4 Hero Characters at random. Place Zombie and Hero figures on the board according to regular game rules. Father Joseph's Hero Card is placed on the Zombie Player side with the Belial Villain Card underneath.

Scenario Objectives :
1) Heroes win by destroying Belial, or by keeping Father Joseph from performing the "Ritual" by sunrise (not letting him receive the Relics).
2) Zombies win if Belial is still alive at sunrise, or if 6 Heroes are killed.

I would really like any advice and suggestions before I even think of testing. Most have, played enough of this game to spot something troubling. I have put a lot into this, but I'll strip it all back down to just "Hey, I want to build a scenario around Father Joseph..." if its a flop. Please be honest and critical...

Attached File(s) Image(s)

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly there, here is my teaser.. - friskers96 - 05-03-2013 06:21 AM