Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Nearly there, here is my teaser..
05-03-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Nearly there, here is my teaser..
Thanks Samuraitrev. Ok now to address the issues...

1) Belial being insta-gibbed: I have no clue how to handle this one, possibly gearing an additional special ability in place of a wound box. Fires of Damnation: Belial cannot be the target of items or card abilities that instantly kill. That doesn't fix it either.... Hmmmmm, open to ideas on this one please!!

2) Hero Card Catch!: I would think so, I was toying with the idea of having Relics take up an item slot maybe even 2. Any Hero that comes into contact with a Relic is subject to the D6 roll.

3) Relic Hunter name: Yeah that hit me this morning, took you suggestion and went with Relic Zombies and Relic Zombie Hero.

4) Relic Zombies: Only 4 are available, I have them auto spawn per their special rule until the Ritual condition is met. I used only 4 since there are only 4 items that need delivery. I gave them 2 Grave Dead abilities as well, so I had to curb their numbers in lieu of their power. I want unarmed heroes to somewhat avoid them but still tempt the Heroes to mix it up. Also they are non combatants at first, designed more for speedy transport and intimidation, I don't want Belial stepping out the Church with 7 yoked up zeds ready tear it up... Seemed to be too much.. Relic Zombie Heroes are are going to be the closest thing.

5)Relic Zombie Rule D6 5+: Ok, I changed the 5+ to 4+, let me know if that to harsh. I really want the Ritual to happen, so I want to put in little fail safes to help it along. On the other side I want a Hero Player to try and "Go For It!", I want them to weigh out the consequence and see if they take the bait. I need to add a little more back story it seems. Essentially the Relics are dammed in a sense. The Dice roll Im thinking needs to go back to a 5+ every turn the hero is in possession of the Relic. My thoughts are they are possessed/damned items almost to the point (but not quite) of being sentient, possibly items bound to Belial. Anyone coming into contact with the items has to pass an "ego whip"/Will check to see if they succumb to its effects. Since the History of Woodinvale is shrouded in secrecy I took some of the ideas you came up with and expanded them a little. My thought is, ok this happened before in the towns past, Father Joseph arrived in town for the exorcism. My goal is to tie in that Belial attempted this before with the Janice, Father Joseph stopped it and Belial is now focused on bringing down the mortal that stopped him and turning Father Joseph into what he hates most. I want Belial to be the puppet master of sorts behind the whole thing, during the exorcism he planted the seed of hate in Father Joseph (hence the choice of the Angel of Hostility), and continued to distort his perception of the Townsfolk to make him willingly seek out this end. (Not sure if your a Space Marine Fan, but Soul Drinkers Book 1 by Ben Counter kinda sums it up).

I think I used the wrong word there, I used Inflicted in the sense that they succumbed to the power of the Relic and turned in to Relic Zombie Hero. Made sense in my head. Open for alternatives there too!! Watchmen02

6) Game Setup: the line was supposed to read Hero Player draws 4 Hero Characters. Essentially everything needs to go by the regular rules on board set up from that point, used the wrong term.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly there, here is my teaser.. - friskers96 - 05-03-2013 11:41 PM