Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Apocolypse, How bad could it really be?
06-05-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: Zombie Apocolypse, How bad could it really be?
can't remember where I saw it.. but someone did an 'expose' type deal on a zombie apoc.

it went something like this:

if there were actual 're-animated- corpses.. IE.. dead tissue moving. then they have the following hurtles to clear...

1, they don't heal / regenerate. any injury they get just gets worse.

2 since people are mostly water.. peutrification would be a huge issue. literally.. like bloating.

3 next would be insect predation.. BIG TIME.

fly maggots and ant hills would be enemy #1 to a walking dead.

4 with soft tissue like eyes going quick.. 'hunting' would be limited.

5 dehydration. this plus damage from 1-2-3 would mean an ambulatory zombie will soon be a crawler..and then a layer.

6 environmental factors.

desert? migth as well be zombie jerky after about 5 days.

below freezing? zombie pops. ice crystals damage cell membranes. at thaw the thing would turn into a puddle....

humid/temperate/tropical? great place for bugs and stuff like fungi.. etc..

i'd give a 'walking dead' outbreak about 2 weeks in most conditions. towards the end of that.. the bodies would be slow and frail and just disgustingly falling apart.

all that said. the zombie scenerio i subscribe to is the 'infected living person' type. IE.. 28 days / 28 weeks later.

adding a heartbeat takes care of pretty much my entire list as long as the individual can eat and drink and otherwise have regualr biological functions. just add a heaping dose of 'crazy' and 'agression' and there you go... Watchmen02

parting shot:

what cause this? biological warefare? natural mutation of a disease? that 'vector' may be more worrisome than the zeds. staying uninfected would be the real trick...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Apocolypse, How bad could it really be? - soundguy - 06-05-2013 01:14 AM