Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Apocolypse, How bad could it really be?
06-05-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Zombie Apocolypse, How bad could it really be?
I could see infection getting really out of hand real fast. There was an incident a while back with a guy that was carrying a real contagious disease and was supposed to be "quarantined" of sorts. He somehow managed to get onto an international flight to Europe, and not really remembering the exact destination I do remember it was a major city. 1 person on an international flight can easily infect an entire plane of what, 130+ passengers at least. Hit the ground and they all spread, now you have infection on two fronts, quickly turning into more. it like the ping pong ball in a room of mouse traps. It would be fast and I really have little faith in the government agencies to be able to maintain control of something like that. Oh, the cases of people getting past the "No Fly" list were mostly TB related, more than half I believe were drug resistant strains.

My wife tells me that it could never happen, and I always tell her it will. My best example is the Flu Vaccine. Its always mass produced at the start of flu season with no real clinical testing, and people swear by it and line up like cattle to get it. The flu just mutates from year to year usually so vaccines are produced from the previous strain, what if some one get it wrong, or the new mutation interacts with the vaccine in an unexpected way? Another fear as far as Bio Terror would be something like a weaponized mutated for of something like West Nile Virus or Encephalitis. Not much can easily get into the brain and nervous system but the ones that can can get nasty...

As far as "culling" goes, I have a hard time seeing that happen even though it would be beneficial to the whole. no one wants to pull the trigger and no one has the set to step up and make the call for fear of hurting their political image. Guess thats what makes Zombie movies so great, seeing the system fail and all this personal turmoil trying to make the tuff decisions..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Apocolypse, How bad could it really be? - friskers96 - 06-05-2013 06:55 PM