Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New FFP game announced - Dark Gothic
08-15-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: New FFP game announced - Dark Gothic
It's a game with LOTS of cards (sold as a bundle; not in packs like trading card games like Magic, or living card games like Android Netrunner) that are set out in piles. You start the game with a small deck that you use cards from and acquire new cards as you play the game. Different cards you acquire as you play adjusting your strategy. Sometimes you acquire "bad" cards that don't help your deck as a penalty for certain things, and so on. Any time your draw pile is empty, you shuffle your discard into a new deck and keep going.

I count Deck Building games as "board games" (I also count Munchkin as a "board game" even though it has no board...) A couple DBGs do have boards (Ascension, Legendary).

Dominion is the (very good!) game that basically established the genre a couple years ago. Zombie-themed, there's Resident Evil (I consider it one of the worse ones in the genre of those I've played). There's also a zombie hunter fan-done reskin of Dominion on BGG.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New FFP game announced - Dark Gothic - mqstout - 08-15-2013 08:50 PM