Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Which is the most fun/balanced way to play the scenarios of LNOE?
08-16-2013, 06:02 PM
RE:
(08-16-2013 04:59 PM)jcgonzmo Wrote:  I bought LNOE + Growing Hunger to play with my girlfriend. We love the feel of the game, but we feel the game is unbalanced. For example:
1) Defend the manor - She rapes me with the zombies
2) Defend the Townsfolk - I run aroung collecting Townsfolk and she does not kill even one of my heroes. All in heroes favor.
3) Burn it to the ground - I got my first gas tank when 6 turns were left and my second tank when 4 turns were left. Never even had a chance. I cant control how search items appear.
4) Escape in the truck - The only one we felt it was balanced and fun. This game was awesome. Drama until the last turn!
5) Die Zombie Die - Dull
6) Zombie Apocalypse - The same as defend the manor.

I have not play the Web Scenarios or Plague Carriers yet. However, I feel I need some input. Are this scenarios always like this, or can I add a tweak to make them more fun? The search scenarios seems boring. They seem like 50/50 scenarios, if the cards appear you win, if not you lose. Defend the Manor and Zombie Apocalypse seem like a zombie rape fest. Do you guys have any advice? Maybe using certain board sets for search scenarios, or special rules?

In general, using the Growing Hunger dot rules helps with the balance, but needs to be playtested. Personally, I haven't tried tweaking the scenarios, I like the extra challenge of playing the 'weaker' side.

Specifically:

1) Defend the manor
Have you tried Hero Starting Cards? Or Free Search?

2) Defend the Townsfolk
I'm thinking Grave Dead, or Zombies Autospawn here.

3) Burn it to the ground - I got my first gas tank when 6 turns were left and my second tank when 4 turns were left. Never even had a chance. I cant control how search items appear.
Have you tried playing this more than once? There are enough Just What I Needed cards to help with the search items. It's all about Searching as much as you can. Try using the other options to thin out the Hero Deck, like Jake Cartwright's ability, Flashlights, Keys, the Supermarket. Avoid Pickups unless you absolutely need it.

5) Die Zombie Die - Dull
Yes, this is dull.

6) Zombie Apocalypse
Same, try Hero Starting Cards or Free Search Markers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: - LabRat - 08-16-2013 06:02 PM