Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sands of Generic
10-22-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: Sands of Generic
(10-20-2013 12:57 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I received my Sands of Cairo Card set. The Cards all have
a mid-Eastern artwork but the Rules say just shuffle into
the regular Decks so for the most part you could be
attacked by Arab Thugs in San Francisco or be in Danger among
the Pyramids in Moscow . Here's the breakdown:

First off, thank you for your overview. Considering there was so little information about this, I was waiting for an early bird to pass on their impressions before snagging it.

Many of the complaints that you read about Fortune & Glory revolve around the fact that adventures are 'too random' for their locations. While I do not necessarily agree with that, I had hoped that the Sands of Cairo supplement would go far in nixing that complaint for people. After all - if it were a success, Flying Frog could create a bunch of these types of location-centric supplements to flesh out the game; jungles, mountains, etc.

But I am not too sure if this, as described, really does address that complaint.

While the gear, enemy, and common item fits nicely, I do wish they had figured out a way to better tie the desert theme in to the Dangers/Cliffhangers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Sands of Generic - Old Dwarf - 10-20-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Sands of Generic - MoonSylver - 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Sands of Generic - D. Boon's Ghost - 10-22-2013 03:08 AM
RE: Sands of Generic - Achtung Panzer - 10-22-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Sands of Generic - mqstout - 10-23-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Sands of Generic - Old Dwarf - 10-23-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: Sands of Generic - MoonSylver - 10-23-2013, 10:48 PM