Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
11-25-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 12:37 AM by MoonSylver.)
RE: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
(11-24-2013 11:56 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  In no way, shape, or form did I mean to imply that the miniatures were a price gouge. If it came across as such (and rereading what I wrote, it very well does sound it), I sincerely apologize.

Nah, no apology needed & no insult taken. Watchmen02 Just thinking out loud. Just that I've seen a other KS campaigns that left me with a very negative feeling in terms of the pricing structure, the goals, etc. They seemed very antithetical to the spirit in which KS was started as I understood it, & at the very least made me shy off on supporting instead of jumping on board!

(11-24-2013 11:56 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  As far as the level of funding goes, I will agree that it *seems* as if the campaign isn't doing as well as it could. However, for an indie like Ameritrash Games, $37K is excellent.

Compare that amount to two recent Richard Launius (of Arkham Horror fame) kickstarter games:

* Ace Detective, $24,789
* Legends of the American Frontier, $14,605

Heck, 8th Summit's gorgeous reprint of Wolfgang Kramer's Expedition: Famous Explorers only hit $27,011! Seriously... it's Wolfgang Kramer, for crying out loud! Watchmen02

Thanks for putting it in context for me. I'm new to the whole KS thing & haven't followed any other campaigns, so this gives me a whole different perspective. Watchmen02

(11-24-2013 11:56 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  Anyway, being a 40-something, the theme to Camp Grizzly is brilliant. I mean, my generation practically grew up on slasher flicks. From Black Christmas and Silent Night, Bloody Night to Halloween and Friday the 13th, we were the kids that funded the creation of that entire genre.

By the looks of everything, the game has the potential to be a ton of fun. For the sake of my strained wallet, I certainly hope it is.

Sounds like you & I are of similar tastes, being of the same generation & all. Watchmen02

I'm trying not to set my hopes TOO high, but at the same time I am looking forward to it quite a bit. If I get a similar level of game play & immersion as, say, ATOE (or even close), then I'll be happy. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game - MoonSylver - 11-25-2013 12:36 AM