Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Captain Hawkins - Field Command ability
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 05:44 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
RE: Captain Hawkins - Field Command ability
(12-17-2013 12:04 PM)spirit Wrote:  
(12-14-2013 05:11 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  "During his Move phase, may pay 1 Investigation to move a Militia marker to any other space on the board.

To me that sums it up, it says "a" and "marker" not "markers"!

Surely that indicates just one?

I take it that that just lays out the cost of moving a militia marker - not a limitation on how many you can move. I note that it doesn't say "...pay 1 investigation to move 1 Militia marker...". I think there is a distinction there. That along with the absence of a specific limit is what got me wondering.

We have played with the Captain before and it hadn't come up. This recent game a different player had the Captain - different player = different thought process - so he raised the question. A question our group had not considered before. After discussion we ruled that it was only limited by the number of Militia on the board and the amount of Investigation he had.

I was looking for consensus here. I'm confident we played it correctly now.

(12-17-2013 03:26 AM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  
(12-17-2013 02:49 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  I heard a Feetstep"

OMG...that is the most obscure reference ever. Well, one that I recognized anyway! I love the ghost episode of Gilligan's Island. Every year since I was a wee lad, I wanted to haunt the streets by looking as good as that ghost did... (not the castaways' versions, the visitor... all billowing. That may be where my love of spooky started.

Thanks for that !

Haha - thanks for that back at ya! I can still hear the dialog in my head. I have looked for the episode on line but to no avail. I would love to see it again. So glad you caught that! There are quite a few things that got me into spooky as a youngster - not the least of which are great TV episodes that stick with me. Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Captain Hawkins - Field Command ability - ATOEtalGeek - 12-17-2013 05:38 PM