Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
06-02-2014, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 02:47 PM by aprillo.)
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
(06-02-2014 02:29 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 02:09 PM)aprillo Wrote:  - one image with all tokens or separate images
- extension type (like .bmp or .jpeg for flattened images or would you prefer .psd or other formats that allow for "transparent spaces" allowing an otherwise square image to become a issuable circle.)

Separate images, please.

PNG for anything that needs transparency (basically everything that you are working on). I even ended up using PNG for the hero and scenario sheets, since the corners are rounded.

I think only GIF and PNG support transparency, right?

What is PSD? I'm not sure that Vassal supports that image type.

If an image is a complete square, JPG is better so that we can keep the size of the module down.

BTW: I am outside of Washington, DC (Fairfax, VA) so I am also in the Eastern American time zone

Very cool, do they actually call it eastern American time zone in the states? I guess I just assumed since we shared the same time zone that we had standardized names for them. Neat though if not.

And yes I believe that's accurate when it comes to simple image files.

.psd is the extension used by Photoshop. It stand for photoshop document I believe. So it's a more complex image file as it supports things like layers and effects that can be undone even after saving the file, as well as of course... Transparencies.

But .png shouldn't be a problem. And it's probably not a bad idea to keep all images in that extension, where necessary or not. I've always found when doing large projects standardizing is optimal for simplicities sake. It lowers the likely hood of complications.

And also I'm sure your right in saying vassal doesn't support it, but I wasn't sure if you didn't have photoshop yourself and might like being able to make edits where needed or even just based on artistic preference.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful - aprillo - 06-02-2014 02:45 PM