Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 03:10 PM by aprillo.)
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
Sounds like a great plan Kinght.

With respect to your suggestion of using gimp. Prior to your mentioning of it I'd never heard of the program. And I think it's really neat that it exists. But I don't think I'll switch over. For one, I'm already familiar with Photoshop and have been using it for a few years now. So despite them being similar it would still take adjusting to get used to it. Also as far as it being free that's not an issue for me personally as I acquired photoshop cs3 from my father who works for a school. But I do think again it's awesome that something similar exists for free. The last reason is from the reviews I read it's incredible for everyday photo-editing and more than passable for more in depth photo manipulation and creation, but in the last two categories mentioned it has been noted that there are areas where it falls short. So I wouldn't see a point in throwing away something that works to learn something new-ish to me, that is less powerful. And not to bash the program either. Given the outrageous prices adobe charges for photoshop I would hope it beats the rest of the competition. As they make profits from its use and have had teams of talented people developing the software for over a decade now. With new improvements each year. I think it's fantastic that something like gimp exists but is presently not worth it for me.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful - aprillo - 06-03-2014 03:05 PM