Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying my hands on Round Events
06-13-2014, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 10:58 AM by slyzod.)
RE: Trying my hands on Round Events
I like this idea a lot. I have a few suggestions, if you don't mind.

I think these would be better as two different card types. One would get mixed in with the normal Hero or Zombie decks (the Mission type "Subplot" cards), and the other would be set aside in a separate deck (the "Plot Twist" type). Subplot and Plot Twists being used to go along with the B-movie flavor of the game.

The "Subplot" type cards would be Play Immediately and sit in front of the player, face down (or up if they involve placing tokens on the gameboard). When the player achieves the goal of the mission they can turn the card face up and get the prize. The card is then removed from the game to prevent abuse.

The "Plot Twists" would only show up 1 or 2 times per game, my fear is that any more any you risk having the game degenerate into bonkerness. Lowering the frequency of these Plot Twists allows for more severe, game changing things occur on them. i.e. The "Downpour" card that you mocked up could completely arrest movement on a roll of 1 or 2/ prevent the use of explosives/ jam guns/ get the truck stuck in the mud/ flood the middle of the board making it impassable/ or whatever other evil thing you can think of. These Plot Twists would have finite durations (1 round, 3 rounds, until a condition is met) which would appear on the card, and they could be marked with a token on the sun tracker (like the one used to keep track of fallen zombies).

The Plot Twist cards could be drawn and activated in a number of ways: A Play Immediately card mixed in to either deck, a modified Free Search token, as a penalty for respawning a Hero, at predetermined intervals according to the scenario rules, etc...

Again, I like this idea a lot! Just trying to homebrew along with you.

I make a webcomic! http://www.deepdivedaredevils.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying my hands on Round Events - slyzod - 06-13-2014 10:46 AM