Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark Gothic- ATOE fan reviews ATOE:DG
07-07-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: Dark Gothic- ATOE fan reviews ATOE:DG
Yep. I've played collectible card games (namely overpower but I know magic and Pokemon well enough) but not one where the game-play builds your deck. I wondered if it was staid and programmed by card shuffle with little tactical input since there was few random factors besides the main deck shuffle. I wondered if it is a resource management thing like Cataan or carcassone, but it is more like cribbage, poker or rummy where you deal with each hand and card flop trying to manage those temporary resources for best use in a long term strategy molded by the draws. Very interesting system. The shuffling of each players deck and the main deck accounts for much random nature and replay ability. I like it. My first test hand had my very combat character loaded with cunning cards. So I could not go after the wolves and had to train while realizing that my cunning will be in short supply for a while as my combat should increase until I cycle the deck of twelve (so in a turn or so). Other alert players should see this and take the wolves down to deny me a move next turn. Or if co-op they should leave the wolves alone. Nice strategizing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Gothic- ATOE fan reviews ATOE:DG - Pfr_Fate - 07-07-2014 12:08 PM