Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My recurring problem with LNoE
09-11-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE
A very honest and thought provoking post there Raynor. Like Achtung Panzer said 2 players for the Zombies is a big no-no. I feel it just doesn't work (thematically and practically)

Are you using Grave Weapons? These change the game quite a bit as you have many different types of Zombies (same as the Feral Dead and Behemoths from BitF). I love being the Zombies! I guess it is a little bit like being the evil wizard in Heroquest or the overlord in Descent but even though Heroes do get more thinking, discussing and moving time I still think there's room for tactics for the Zombies. Yes there's luck in this game (rolling dice, card pick ups, for both sides) but I like that. To be a really good Zombie player (I think) you have to listen to the Heroes bicker and panic and savour it like a sweet wine... All the time cycling through your cards and laying traps for the weaker Heroes. Know their strengths and their weaknesses. Know which victory condition to go for and ultimately I believe it's the Zombie players job to make sure every gamer has an enjoyable evening, taking on the role as GM.

Some may seem playing as the Zombies as sending lambs to the slaughter but if used correctly Heroes can be trapped and finished pretty quick especially if they don't work together. I know your main point is in relation to how much game time the Zombie player actually gets. I will say it's not something I've ever really considered in fact I think this would only really bother me if my Zombies were getting hammered every single Turn and I felt like my Zombies had no chance. The majority of games the Zombies eat very well and using every expansion (lots of scenarios, Zombie Upgrades, Fires, Grave Weapon Zombies) there are so many options/tactics for the Zombies I'm always thinking of how to trap those poor humans...Zombie13

As I said before, a great post and I look forward to reading other people's thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My recurring problem with LNoE - Raynor - 09-11-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE - samuraitrev - 09-11-2014 11:39 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE - ch82 - 09-12-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE - ch82 - 09-16-2014, 02:56 PM