Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My recurring problem with LNoE
10-06-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE
I've always been concerned about this as well.
I normally play the Zombies unless someone requests it just for this fact alone. I feel it gets my friends more engaged and it tends to keep the boredom level to a minimum since I expect the long lag between the Zombie Turn vs the Hero Turns.

The expansions really cut this down though, especially BitF, since the Feral Dead and Zombie Champions really add a hostile spice to the game that the Zombies really needed. And to combine those with Grave Weapons? Oh, you do not want to mess with the Zombies at that point.

But the main focus of the Zombies is to basically choke the Heroes and to position them into spots that they are most likely to run into the Heroes. Like positioning the Zombies directly inside a building's doorway. The Zombie cannot be shot from a distance and if they are, you are within Zombie Hunger range anyways.

A lot of my games tend to boil down to the last couple rounds when everybody is scurrying to a particular point. It's about the big payoff and final epic battle at the end.
But I totally feel ya, just mix in BitF and Grave Dead/Grave Weapons into your game and you will find it more balanced in terms of time between turns since there is so much the Zombie Player has to take into account for their moves. Moving every model and knowing what zombies have what abilities and so on.

I'm glad you gave it another go with BitF.
Maybe add an update on this after you've played it a couple times?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My recurring problem with LNoE - Raynor - 09-11-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE - ch82 - 09-12-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE - ch82 - 09-16-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: My recurring problem with LNoE - DrkBlueXG - 10-06-2014 02:36 AM