Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Alternate Co-op chart
11-18-2014, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 06:06 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
RE: Alternate Co-op chart
For any of roll 5, 8, 10 that move the ST away from Darkness - I would prefer to have a test in order to do so. Something like: Choose a Hero to make an Honor 6+ test, if passed move the ST 1 (or 2) steps away from Darkness, else move ST 1 (or 2) steps toward Darkness. Then it's not a freebie but the players have a chance for control.

Also the rolls that move it 2 steps could include a bone for the Heroes such as 1 (or 2) Investigation each...or something good (maybe 1 or 2 Resolve on a TE) if it causes it to cross into a new stage.

Some other random ideas for titles and effects:
I Would Have Sworn It Was There! (Lingering Effect) - When starting the next Showdown the Heroes must discard their Lair card when at its location, and draw a new one. The Showdown takes place at the new location with the new Lair card text. If any Minions are at that space they join the Villain giving him +1 Combat and +1 Wound (remove the Minion from the board).

I Know What I Saw! - (Lingering Effect) - When starting the next Showdown the Heroes must discard their Lair card when at its location, and draw a new one. The Showdown takes place at the new location with the new Lair card text. If any Minions are at that space they immediately join the Villain giving him +1 Combat and +1 Wound (remove the Minion from the board).

Shifting Shadows - (Lingering Effect) - If any Minions are on the board at the start of the next Showdown they immediately join the Villain giving him +1 Combat and +1 Wound each (remove the Minion from the board).

It's A Chill Night - (Lingering Effect) - If any Minions are on the board at the start of the next Showdown they immediately join the Villain giving him +1 Combat and +1 Wound each (remove the Minion from the board).

Must Have Been the Wind - (Lingering Effect) - Each Hero must make a Cunning 5+ test. If failed the Hero may not Move during his next turn after rolling for Movement, and must Linger as normal.

I'm Telling You, It's Real! - (Lingering Effect) - Each Hero must make a Honor 5+ test. If failed the Hero may not Move during his next turn after rolling for Movement, and must Linger as normal.

Don't Like the Looks O' That Moon! - (Lingering Effect) - Each Hero must make a Spirit 5+ test. If failed the Hero may not Move during his next turn after rolling for Movement, and must Linger as normal.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alternate Co-op chart - FruitEatingBear - 11-12-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - mqstout - 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - ATOEtalGeek - 11-12-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - ATOEtalGeek - 11-13-2014, 08:15 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - ATOEtalGeek - 11-17-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - mqstout - 11-18-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - mqstout - 11-18-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - ATOEtalGeek - 11-18-2014 06:05 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart - ATOEtalGeek - 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM