Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide - I took the plunge
04-30-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Zombicide - I took the plunge
I, myself, LOVE Zombicide. My gaming group does as well. They also happen to love Last Night On Earth as well, so we certainly shouldn't feel like we are cheating on our beloved LNOE by loving Zombicide as well. LOL!

I think Zombicide and LNOE actually compliment each other very well as a tag team of games to play together. They are different in the perfect ways to feed your zombie love from both sides.

- Where LNOE is more gritty and real like a zombie movie, Zombicide is more cartoony and exaggerated like a zombie video game.

- Where LNOE is competitive (Hero players vs. Zombie players) Zombicide is cooperative (the zombies are controlled by a game mechanic and the Survivors all work together to try to beat each scenario).

- In LNOE, it is a good idea for the heroes to try to avoid zombies if they can, rather than try to go out of their way to fight them. In Zombicide, it is a very good idea to kill zombies all the time, and in fact, a very bad idea not to kill them.

There are a bunch of reasons why I think these games are so awesome and perfect in different ways. In my personal opinion, both are like the perfect zombie board game for different types of zombie fun. LNOE for a more robust, and theme-driven almost story-telling type game. More of a horror feel. Zombicide for a more fast-paced, action packed, kill a bunch of zombies type game. More of an action adventure feel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Zombicide - I took the plunge - zombie67 - 04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Zombicide - I took the plunge - StayPuft - 04-30-2015 06:44 PM