Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Officially Irritated With Flying Frog...
09-04-2015, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 06:26 PM by StayPuft.)
RE: Officially Irritated With Flying Frog...
I hear ya. Don't get me wrong. I understand it can be overwhelming to put together a completely new game. I don't think they anticipated quite how well the KickStarter was going to do. It wound up being enough stuff that they would normally release it all in several expansions over years. With KickStarter, though, it is different. It tends to be intended as one release.

I, too, try to give them the benefit of the doubt because I LOVE Flying Frog and their games. It's just getting increasingly more and more difficult. To be honest, my distaste for this game started when we discovered we'd have to construct the miniatures, and hasn't stopped growing from there. I HATE to sound like one of those folks who just complains all the time about anything and everything. That is NOT me AT ALL. In fact, I'm like a frigging FFP cheerleader....

But I was miffed when I found that out because I've never really done that and am not really all that good at that sort of thing. But, I figured how hard could it be? In fairness, it isn't really all THAT hard, but it is BY NO MEANS beginner level stuff. There is a lot of precision work involved. I was determined to give it a try anyway.

I got almost all of the miniatures for one of the core sets together by the time I ran out of patience. It felt like every time I'd get one piece glued on another that I had already glued would fall off. Gets to the point where I am damn near ready to murder somebody if another piece falls off, so it just was not worth my frustration.

No matter what I try to tell myself, I have NOT been able to motivate myself to get back to it. Eventually I plan to, but I just don't know. As result, I still have not played the game and I have absolutely no desire to play.

Initially I tried to tell myself "Look at these awesome miniatures. It's because of the great detail that they had to make them this way. You have to construct them so you can get that kind of detail." ....Yeah, that's absolute bull crap. Just take one look at ANY game that included Cool Mini Or Not miniatures and you will see you can get some BAD @$$ miniatures that you don't have to do one damn thing to construct.

I swear one of these days I will motivate myself to finish so I can actually play the damn game, but right now even looking at the game just makes me mad. Nevermind the fact that I still have a TON of extras coming at some point during my life-span and all I can think is "Great. More stuff I'm going to have to glue together."

Again, I hate, hate, HATE having to complain. I soooo wanted to love this game to death. Truthfully, I probably will once I get past the initial frustration.

But, I definitely understand your frustration with this game overall. I most definitely agree it is absurd that they are releasing things to the general public that we, the KickStarter backers still do not have. That almost feels like a slap in the face, really.

I too will be happy when everything is finally in my hands and this whole thing is behind us. Then I can go back to loving Flying Frog again. I just don't think I'll ever support their KickStarter campaigns in the future. Again, I understand how overwhelming it must be, but frankly they have not handled the whole thing very well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Officially Irritated With Flying Frog... - StayPuft - 09-04-2015 06:25 PM