Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GhostBusters the board game
12-04-2015, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 07:57 PM by StayPuft.)
RE: GhostBusters the board game
I haven't played the game yet, and am frankly a little bit upset. Don't get me wrong. I understand this stuff happens. However, I think the way the shipping facility chosen by the makers of this game is shipping it is not very well thought out.

Retail copies of the game were sent out before the VAST majority of KickStarter backers had their copies. Right off the bat, that is a HUGE no-no when it comes to KickStarter. The whole idea of KickStarter is that we are helping to fund your project by buying it BEFORE you've even produced it, with the understanding being we will get cool extras and should typically get the game before it is available in retail.

To be seeing the game in stores while most of us backers are still waiting for our copies is a little bit of a slap in the face. That said.... don't get me wrong. I'm not all that upset because I understand sometimes these things happen with KickStarter projects. It can be hard to nail down release dates, whereas retailers tend to need a more hard-set date, hence why I get why they were prioritized even if it does suck for those of us still waiting for the game.

It was also revealed to the makers of the game (after the fact, mind you) that the shipping company was shipping them by order of complexity, with the simplest orders going out first.

.... So that means me, being a HUGE Ghostbusters fan..... who elected to buy EVERYTHING they offered because it is Ghostbusters and I want to support it..... will wind up being one of the last people to get my copy. So, as a thanks for being one of the people to support them the most.... I'll get my game last. Nice.

LOL! Like I said, just wanting to vent a little. I will be deliriously happy once my copy finally arrives, and will be VERY happy I backed it on KickStarter for all the awesome extras I will get that are NOT included in the retail copies. At least they didn't surprise us after the fact with the news that we'd have to construct the miniatures. :-P They all come already in tact with this game.

Glad to hear your generally positive review. I really, really cannot wait to get my copy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
GhostBusters the board game - FuManJew - 11-29-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: GhostBusters the board game - StayPuft - 12-04-2015 07:55 PM
RE: GhostBusters the board game - FuManJew - 12-04-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: GhostBusters the board game - FuManJew - 12-05-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: GhostBusters the board game - StayPuft - 12-11-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: GhostBusters the board game - FuManJew - 12-13-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: GhostBusters the board game - StayPuft - 12-18-2015, 07:10 PM