Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: I backed Zombicide: Black Plague on Kickstarter!
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide: Black Plague
01-08-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague
My group got a session in recently. Only once so far. I definitely dig a few of the rule changes, but definitely DO NOT dig one..... the rule change to opening doors. That ruined my entire experience this first go-around and I honestly didn't enjoy the game one bit. In the original, if you have an item that can open doors, you can open doors automatically. Now, you have to roll. I get that it maybe makes things more thematic (maybe you try to open a door but fail and have to try again) but as a board game, at least from my experience, it didn't play well.

Doesn't help that, for some reason I will never understand, dice frigging hate me. I can't understand it. No matter what game I play, no matter what dice I use, somehow I always roll terribly. Dice are supposed to be pretty random, so it really makes no damn sense, but it is what it is. And, honestly, as much as I love Zombicide, that has always been one of my biggest complaints about this game....

It can be AWESOME when you get some great weapons, have lucky rolls, etc. The problem is, if you get stuck with crap for weapons and roll like me, you wind up having a terrible time the whole game and not really enjoying yourself. And, Hell, if that happens here or there, it's not such a big deal. $h*t happens, as they say. But, when it seems like every other session is like that it stops being so fun.

That's one thing I love about LNOE. Sure, those epically horrible games CAN happen, but it is much more rare. I've played that game A LOT and I can count on one hand the number of times we've had a game that just flat out sucked for somebody. I've lost count of how many times we've played Zombicide and have somebody have a crappy experience the entire time.

I love the game, but after all these tweaks and expansions, you'd think that would have gotten better. Still, that won't deter me from picking it up from time to time. It is definitely one of my favorites.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Zombicide: Black Plague - alderdust - 12-14-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - StayPuft - 12-18-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - alderdust - 12-21-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - ATOEtalGeek - 01-08-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - StayPuft - 01-08-2016 07:11 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - ATOEtalGeek - 01-25-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - Old Dwarf - 01-09-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - StayPuft - 01-15-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Zombicide: Black Plague - StayPuft - 01-22-2016, 08:59 PM