Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions for solo play enjoyment?
06-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Suggestions for solo play enjoyment?
I'm new to AToE and thought I'd give it a try solo because I couldn't wait to get it to the table with friends (have since done this and loved it). My first game was with three heroes and I found it hard to manage and not very fun. A lot of that can be blamed on not knowing the rules very well and just being the first play through so I gave it another try with two heroes the other day. It was a little better but still got handily defeated and had some trouble managing the game. One of the issues was neither of my heroes had good combat skill and I had hoped to boost it using their abilities, but it just didn't work out and I kept being beaten up trying to get items/enhancements for their combat. Both games were Base board + Echo Lake board.

Any suggestions for your favorite way to play solo or tips for getting more enjoyment? One hero only (but does that increase difficulty due to more mystery phases?)? Base board only until I understand the game better? Suggestions of 2-3 balanced hero combinations for a new player? I just have base + something wicked now but getting the coast and hero packs (caught the bug bad) as well and will have access to those heroes/villians soon.

I really love the theme/story of the game but it's hard to get friends over more than once a month to play, and we try to play a range of different games as well.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for solo play enjoyment? - bwindle83 - 06-07-2016 09:08 PM