Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions for solo play enjoyment?
06-08-2016, 11:10 AM
RE: Suggestions for solo play enjoyment?
There is a learning curve to get up to full enjoyment. That is once you get rules questions out of the way. Obviously, it's not much fun having to turn to the rulebook repeatedly.

Was there any one or two areas you were struggling with?

That said, the chosen villain can make a difference especially for a beginner. Some of them are just brutal. It's hard to recommend which are "easiest" but I would try Spectral Horseman, Vampire or maybe the Gargoyle to use to get up to speed.

When I play solo I usually use 4 heroes but that is as a well experienced player. I would recommend 2 or maybe 3 as a beginner dpending on your gaming experience.

Much of the learniing curve of the game is becoming familiar with the villains and location decks. Learning what to pick up where is key. Don't feel bad just perusing the location decks before the game to become familiar. It would be helpful to chose your heroes openly after you select the villain.

You might want to play the villain in beginner (non-advanced mode) at first. It will be less of a challenge but it will help you focus on the rules.

Which mystery phase chart were you using?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestions for solo play enjoyment? - ATOEtalGeek - 06-08-2016 11:10 AM