Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak - is it worth it?
01-24-2017, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 05:04 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it?
(01-24-2017 09:59 AM)SovTech Wrote:  So - just an old amphibian barking a bit but... Actually I prefer LNoE without Timber Peak/Blood In The Forest.

There is a genuine power creep in those two that doesnt mix well with the rest of the game (especially if you mix the cards together) AND makes the game more combat oriented.

That said - of course I own both :P

I agree. There was a power creep as Blood in the Forest and Timber Peak were added. However, I'm pretty sure this was intentional on FFP's part. Our group found the game seemed to favour the Zombies in most games.

Now the games seem to be pretty much 50/50. However this is just our group and we've always:
Chosen each Scenario randomly
Chosen each board section randomly
Chosen Characters randomly
Don't use house rules
Don't remove any cards
Has to be played with a beer

I think the original LNoE and Growning Hunger game was much more of a challenge for experienced LNoE players but tough when you just get started (for the Heroes).

I personally like to mix everything together only because I like variety and I feel the game's more balanced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Timber Peak - is it worth it? - Capey - 08-11-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it? - Capey - 08-12-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it? - Capey - 08-12-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it? - Capey - 08-18-2016, 12:06 AM
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it? - Capey - 08-24-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it? - samuraitrev - 01-24-2017 05:03 PM