Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New 10 Step to Painting Zombie Success.
07-16-2017, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 01:47 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: New 10 Step to Painting Zombie Success.
(07-15-2017 04:45 PM)Spinx Wrote:  The army paint bone color is the the primer and the zeds flesh color?

Yes, I used Army Painter Skeleton Bone as the primer and the Zombie Flesh base coat.

(07-15-2017 04:45 PM)Spinx Wrote:  You used dull coat but did not retouch the bloody areas with Ardcoat, how did you get those areas to have a bit of shine in them, particularly third zed from the left, abdominal area?

The GW Brown Ink does have a bit of gloss in it, so that gives it a bit of a shine. If I'd been painting Zombies that were recently dead I would have definitely have gone for a wet blood look and used Ardcoat but these sculpts look like they've been dead for ages so I wanted the blood to a bit dried out.

(07-15-2017 04:45 PM)Spinx Wrote:  Where did you get those zeds?

These Zombies are from a company called Otherworld Miniatures http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/

They're a bit pricey but they're very good qualityWatchmen02

(07-16-2017 06:32 AM)fallensaviour Wrote:  Excellent skills sir!!!

Thanks for sayingZombie17

(07-15-2017 11:22 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Nice Skin Tones I never liked the so called Necro/Rotted Flesh a lot of Zombies are done in.
GW makes some great paints but I find the cost pricey plus their paint pots were terrible
(once they ditched the 8 sided ones ,I have pots going back over 20 years that are still good).
I mostly use Ripper or Army Painter now.

Yes I'm inspired to get down to the paint room and go for it but I'm waiting for my Massive
Darkness stuff to arrive. I do have a backlog but I'm just not motivated to work on those
figs. I tend to get buzzed about a Game and just want to work on that Game (well until
the next Buzz come along) .

OD

I agree about the GW paints. For some reason they can't get the pots right. I remember the glass paint pots they were the best. GW do make awesome paints the pigments and the range of colours are great (I especially like the washes) but like you say they are expensive.

I've just ordered some more Zombies from Studio Miniatures http://www.studiominiatures.com/. I will post them on here when I've painted them
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New 10 Step to Painting Zombie Success. - samuraitrev - 07-16-2017 01:00 PM