Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
08-18-2017, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 01:28 PM by mqstout.)
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
Here's the big bad news... I "interrogated" one of the Frogs at GenCon yesterday. They absolutely will not be doing an upgrade pack -- buy it now, or never get it. Because it's also a limited edition, and when sold out, that's it. So if you want these new heroes, buy it now.

The biggest rationalization he gave that they're not doing an upgrade pack was that "we touched all the cards, including wording tweaks and errata on the reprints". There was no sympathy for the point of view of "Well, I already own EVERYTHING [well, except HP2, which just came out] LNOE, and can live without the errata if only you give me an upgrade pack of what's new. And that doesn't include the plastic tokens." whatsoever. Insane19

He mentioned there will be a 10th Anniversary product for ATOE next year, but that they're not sure what it is going to be yet and that "we're taking feedback from this into consideration for that".

By how well-rehearsed the response was and reading his expressions and body language while he was talking to me, it was clear to me that they've had this question *a lot* and somehow are surprised by it. So there may be a [super slim] chance they'll relent, but I wouldn't count on it.

Soooo, I have some serious contemplating if I'm willing to spend $100 for 4 new heroes and a couple scenarios. (The plastic bits, errata, and compiled rule book are not worth it.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content - mqstout - 08-18-2017 01:24 PM