Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
09-04-2017, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 01:07 AM by mqstout.)
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
At gencon, they were all, "But we went through and changed the wording on so many of the old cards for clarification and errata!" Don't care. Just give me an upgrade pack with the new stuff.

Dominion recently did that, calling it a 2nd edition. Upgrade pack ignored the cards touched for wording/errata, only added the cards that were new for the 2nd edition were in it. For that game, this is a limited-print-run item. LNOE can't do it that way since they say the 10th Anniversary is a limited-print-run and these characters/etc would truly be unavailable except to a lucky (profligate) few.

LNOE "10th Anniversary" upgrade pack: the new heroes, the new scenario, the new cards (don't seem to be many, by all counts), and the miniatures for the new heroes. MAYBE the rule book. (IMO, that should be a free download PDF to everyone.) It doesn't need the plastic fire/wound/spawn/gas markers (That I prefer the cardboard versions of anyway), and certainly not the truck.

And since they say the 'premium' 10th Anniversary edition is a limited edition, this pack would keep the game up going forward... Base game as before, and this pack is just an expansion. The "plastic bits" was a one-time-thing for the special limited edition.

The concept of exclusivity is total shit, no matter the source... store exclusives, Kickstarter exclusives, "limited edition" exclusives, exclusive preorder/direct-order exclusives... Exclusives just create bad feels and fracture the players.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content - mqstout - 09-04-2017 01:05 AM