Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
09-08-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
I definitely agree with being against exclusives in general.... but I actually have pretty much the opposite feeling as it relates to KickStarter. Personally, as somebody who has used KickStarter a lot in the past, and uses it here and there now, that is one of the biggest draws for me. I like when you can get stuff by being a KickStarter backer that you otherwise would not get. I would agree some companies can go overboard with it. *COUGH* Cool Mini Or Not! *COUGH*

That, I don't necessarily like because then if you happened to miss the KickStarter but are one of those peeps that like to have everything, you have a b**** of a time finding everything and can pay a pretty penny. However, if a KickStarter campaign doesn't include ANYTHING exclusive, it feels a little lame. Well, maybe not with smaller, lesser known projects where you really are helping somebody get off the ground who maybe couldn't have otherwise. But, for bigger, more well known games the really don't necessarily NEED KickStarter, it feels kind of like a jip if you aren't getting something exclusive. Otherwise, then why not just wait for the retail release? Heck, these days most times you don't even get your copy all that much before the retail release, and sometimes not even before it at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content - StayPuft - 09-08-2017 06:28 PM