Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
09-13-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
I think it's worth considering this from the Frogs point of view for a moment.

I believe they are well aware at this point that they've pissed off many fans with this decision. But, if they hem-haw, back down, and change their position, they'll piss off at least many (but maybe not most) of the *other* fans who thought they were buying an exclusive (it was promised to them that it would be exclusive... and one would hope the company would keep their promises.)

So, I think the only solution they can follow in order to maintain damage control is something like this... They've gotta wait a bit, let the limited edition really be limited. Let it sell out. Then, they have to release either an LNoE Revised Edition that's different again yet from the 10th Anniversary Edition, but also happens to contain its own version of the new content, or release another product or two which overlap to approximate the AE content...; yet not physically or photographically identical to the Anniversary content. For example, they can ditch all the plastic fire, gas tokens, wound tokens, spawn tokens, and maybe even Betsy and the Truck, and they could release a variation of the same basic new cards but with alternate artwork. By doing something like this, they would be able to appease both groups by walking a middle line.

They could also start selling a Hero Mega Set 2, which happens to include the four Townsfolk miniatures (as well as TP and BITF minis which are missing from the current Mega Set) They could also choose to publish a version of the townsfolk hero placards along with the new scenario as part of a Web Exclusive PDF (And, I think they should release some form of the revised and unified rulebook online as a free PDF, anyway.)

We will know if they learned their lesson by how they behave from here on out. For instance, next year, when AToE hits its 10th Anniversary, if they have Anniversary products, but they are not Limited Edition, then that would be a sign that they know they made a mistake.

I would rather they keep their word about things, even though I did feel pressured into buying two sets instead of one due to the limited nature of it. (I bought two copies of Anniv. Edition, just so I would have one in reserve as a backup for components, and be able to have one copy of the miniatures unpainted... but I groaned in pain as I clicked checkout...)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content - jeffd1830 - 09-13-2017 12:48 PM