Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Flying Frog Retrospective - The games ranked
07-21-2020, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 02:14 PM by mqstout.)
RE: A Flying Frog Retrospective - The games ranked
In descending order:

LNOE - Almost always willing to play it. Great game, everyone loves it. The "2nd edition" that started with Forest/Mountain weakened the "shuffle it all together" aspects of the game to me, and I'm not keen on the XP system, but it's still good despite those bits.

DG - Not the best deckbuilding game; not the worst. This takes the great theme and art of ATOE and makes a better game of it. Sometimes you just want to toss cards around without a lot of focus. Might be lower except it teaches and plays quickly.

FANG - Almost always play cooperative mode. I wish it played faster/smoother though. Doesn't scale well with number of players. But the theme and feel are great, and, as long as you're in the sweet spot for number of players, it's a blast.

IFOS - LNOE but not quite as good. I think one expansion would have brought it in-line though! The theme is not as strong.

COPE - Might be higher, but it hasn't seen as much play. I like it, but others rarely want to play it because of other games they already know well (like LNOE).

ATOE - Just takes way too long, and I really don't like how it ends. The start is great. Then the mid game drags. And the end game drags and ends with a lot of false endings until someone manages to win. Did I mention it takes too long, especially if you add any expansions?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Flying Frog Retrospective - The games ranked - mqstout - 07-21-2020 02:13 PM