Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
Emp Wrote:I don't have the promo cards but I did order the "stock up" scenario and it's cards. They still haven't arived yet Insane19
I'm not quite sure how to feel about those "special" cards. I don't have that much interest in them because I don't think they add to the game for everyone.
Maybe for collectors it's a good thing.
On the other hand I think the stock up thing is also a little expansive. I have to order them from the U.S. The price is reasonable but shipping is a f'ing killer.
I don't mind the extra's but I would prefer it if it would come packed with a little more that just one scenario and a couple of cards. I wouldn't mind waiting the time just to get 20 more cards and 3 more scenarios.

The special edition cd is something I will pass up on because I think it is total crap. The music that is. Zombie03
And the idea of packing 2 more cards with that truely is a cheesy way.

I tend to agree. Here's my personal feeling on the promo cards -- I'm a little torn. On one hand, I do quite like them -- I've used them often and they do change the game up a bit. The most obvious example is the chainsaw: having two is just a blast. We've actually had both chainsaws out on the table at the same time. It's fun little situations like that which the promo cards can afford. Oddly enough, it hasn't changed the balance of the game, because they're released in (as Jason calls them) "balanced pairs," and the balance really does seem to hold out.

On the other hand, they're obviously a cash cow. The "Stock Up" supplement and the CD were made to get more money -- not that it's necessarily a bad thing. After all, Flying Frog is a young startup and I don't begrudge them the money.

The "exclusive" promos (#1-10) are also to cash in, but in a less direct way. Those who want them need to pre-order from the company (at an increased price than they'd pay elsewhere), be at a convention, or order something (like the zombie figures). Here's how I got mine . . . two came with the original game (if you bought it early), two came with the Growing Hunger pre-order, two came with the Stock Up supplement pre-order, two came if you bought the brown zombies from the webstore early on, and two (#1 and #2) were given out at Gencon and also were available with the red zombies on the webstore.

Again, I'm torn. I like them, but as I said earlier I've gone to considerable effort and paid a fair bit to get them all -- more than I'd care to calculate. I'm neither saying they're good nor bad, just commenting. I'd like to head more of what you all think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards? - theconcerned - 08-31-2008 12:08 PM