Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
08-31-2008, 12:34 PM
RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards?
zombie67 Wrote:First off welcome TC. I agree with you about BGG, there is a bit too much sniping at others for my liking.

On the subject of promo cards, I am not really a fan of them. Being in England, shipping prices mean I can really only order small expansions or replacement minis direct from Flying Frog. I have gotten a couple of promo cards this way. I cannot even think about trying to collect the lot when there is no way I can think of ordering a game direct..which is a shame as I would love to pre-order AToE. None of the British sites have it listed yet!

The cost of shipping and the game works out at about £45 in total BUT there is a distinct possibility that I would have to pay TAX on this (any item over £18 (inc P&P) can be liable) which really would push up the price! I once bought a shirt from the US and paid more in TAX etc than the item was worth.

The idea of different image promo's is something that seems to be all over at the moment....Film magazines come out with limited edition different covers (the latest here was for The Clone Wars a good cover and an evil cover), also DVD's get released from certain stores with "exclusive" sleeves.

I don't really like the trend as it is purely a money-making scam...."collect all six" = "Pay for the item six times"!!

Agreed. I'm in Canada, so, while I pay less than you (especially with the exchange rate from GBP to Canadian dollars!), I do pay quite a lot more than the American buyers due to shipping. I feel your pain.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been to England -- lovely country. The history there is incredible to people from Canada. I live in Alberta, and the oldest standing building in the entire province is the "Father Lacombe Chapel" from 1861 . . . and it's been moved. Seeing the archeological diggings of Roman ruins under London is just fascinating.

Wow, way off topic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone out there have ALL the promo cards? - theconcerned - 08-31-2008 12:34 PM