Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ATOE +supplements
10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
RE: ATOE +supplements
crichton Wrote:Touch of evil NEW CD looks to be on sale now (online atleast)- has the text on the 2 new cards been posted yet?

From BGG

The two new cards are "Song of the Dead," an Event card, and "Ominous Overture," a Mystery card. Both cards are to be added directly to their respective decks.

Event: Song of the Dead

Card Text: "Play when a Hero is KO'd (including yourself). That Hero does not have to lose any Items, Allies, or Investigation for being KO'd. OR Play when a Town Elder is killed to immediately gain D6 Investigation."

Mystery: Ominous Overture

Card Text: "At the start of each Mystery Phase (including this one), each Hero gains 1 Investigation. Any time a Hero rolls a 1 for movement, they must draw a Mystery Card instead of an Event. REMAINS IN PLAY."

I just added mine to their decks in prep for my first
SWTWC Game.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Both are very nice cards. Ominous Overture in particular is brutal, I've found.
12-03-2009, 01:23 AM
I know this is a bit late, but what's the verdict on Something Wicked?

I'm on the fence about ATOE because I've read that it's not as good as LNOE and it feels incomplete without Something Wicked. My group is kind of hesitant about trying ATOE.
12-03-2009, 01:29 AM
ipeefreeli Wrote:I know this is a bit late, but what's the verdict on Something Wicked?

I'm on the fence about ATOE because I've read that it's not as good as LNOE and it feels incomplete without Something Wicked. My group is kind of hesitant about trying ATOE.

I thought it was better than LNOE before SW came out. Now that SW is out, I barely remember I have other board games.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2009, 02:14 AM
I like both, but greatly prefer LNOE. Our opinions here vary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2009, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2009 08:11 PM by zombie67.)
Finally got around to ordering Something Wicked and The Allies (oh and Radioactive Zombies and Zombie Pillage). Fingers crossed they all arrive before Xmas.

I think Bing said it best when he sang...

"I'm dreaming of a Flying Frog Christmas!"

or something (wicked) like that!
12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Again LNoE & AToE are both good games but play differently.
I prefer AToE basically due to its theme & setting but really
they are two different Gaming Experiences,you can enjoy both.

SWtWC is a nice addition to AToE but it doesn't "fix"AToE
(as it ain't broken:P )you don't need it to enjoy the
base game.

Z67 I hope your stuff arrives before ChristmasZombie03

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-19-2009, 02:40 AM
Cheers OD.

If it doesn't it'll have to be an Arkham Horror Xmas, as we have recently invested in Innsmouth & Kingsport, so along with Dunwich which we bought a while ago that's the full set of the big boxes....hmm, now onto the smaller ones. Zombie03 Zombie17 Zombie17
12-19-2009, 09:26 PM
I thought that SW added flavor to the game without really adding too much complexity. I wish they added the part about having to roll to escape the Forgotten Island on the board, but other than that no complaints. Well, the Banshee did smack the heck out of me, but after THAT there are no complaints.

I was surprised at how 'different' the Bog Fiend' and the 'Unspeakable Horror' are in character from the initial 4 villains. Where the Banshee, Necromancer and Gargoyle were 'more of the same' in many senses, Bog and Horror in my opinion went off in completely new directions.

I do like LNOE a lot more, though.

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
12-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Happy to say everything arrived today. So it really can be a Flying Frog Xmas....with maybe a bit of Arkham thrown in for good measure. Zombie03 Zombie17