Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advanced Ability Cards
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
RE: Advanced Ability Cards
I have contemplating buying them but haven't yet there are a few other expansions I want to purchase first but soon!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2011, 09:57 PM
(05-31-2011 05:42 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote:  I have contemplating buying them but haven't yet there are a few other expansions I want to purchase first but soon!

I'd recommend you to buy the LNOE expansions in the following order:

1. Growing Hunger (more Zombies, Heroes, board sections, cards and scenarios - and the itroduction of dot rules)
2. Survival of the Fittest (more scenarios, a few cards, barricades and the Survival Decks, which is the best addition to the game yet)
3. Hero Pack 1 (more Heros a few cards and a single scenario)
4. Advanced Abilities (level-up system and a few cards)
5. Zombies with Grave Weapons (Zombie minis for SotF)

This list reflects only my personal preferences.

Organize before they rise!
05-31-2011, 10:59 PM
(05-31-2011 09:57 PM)blekk42 Wrote:  
(05-31-2011 05:42 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote:  I have contemplating buying them but haven't yet there are a few other expansions I want to purchase first but soon!

I'd recommend you to buy the LNOE expansions in the following order:

1. Growing Hunger (more Zombies, Heroes, board sections, cards and scenarios - and the itroduction of dot rules)
2. Survival of the Fittest (more scenarios, a few cards, barricades and the Survival Decks, which is the best addition to the game yet)
3. Hero Pack 1 (more Heros a few cards and a single scenario)
4. Advanced Abilities (level-up system and a few cards)
5. Zombies with Grave Weapons (Zombie minis for SotF)

This list reflects only my personal preferences.

I have GH, and Hero Pack 1 and REALLY want SOTF but alas it's sold out and is being reprinted hopefully it will come out soon!
06-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Has anyone played with these enough to see if they're worth the purchase?

I like to support this game, but I feel that overall, these cards are just not worth it. I don't think they would come up enough, and from what I've read about them, they're incredibly unbalanced.
06-01-2011, 09:06 AM
We've played with them a couple of times.
I bought these just to support FFP without even reading what they were about.
To be honest, I don't feel that they are unbalanced because, like someone said here before, it is harder for a zombieplayer to get one of his cards.
The level -up system adds a little more fun for the hero players, in my experience the players tend to go for the kill more often just to be the first to get his or her card.
But then the cards for the heroes don't give that much of extra power. It is really more based on the characters and what they can do extra with their abilities.
So don't expect any major changes or influences, they are not as powerfull as the "survival cards" from SOTF.

If you can spare the cash, buy it, simple as that. It supports the FFP team and...well...what is a game when you don't own everything about it when you get the chance.
(I'm weird in that way...when I have something I like...I just need to get everything available hehe)

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user