Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Alice's Hero Thread
02-20-2011, 08:52 PM
RE: Alice's Hero Thread
Nice and ORIGINAL character Alice.
As for the font shade, just copy a new layer of it underneath it, turn it black and do Gaessian Blur on it in Photoshop. That should do the trick.

Nice pic of the old man too, is it yours?
Looks like the guy has had his share of bad luck, nice back story.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2011, 11:23 PM
(02-20-2011 03:41 PM)Alice Wrote:  For the lettering shadows: I tried your suggestion of making larger letters in the background layer but unfortunately, it didn't line up properly. I ended up taking a fuzzy brush and going around each letter instead.

I thought for sure that would work... Never tried it really, but D153453D's addition to it sounds like it could do the trick. See, as I said I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for everything. If you wanted to know something about that program I could tell you in a second. I just got GIMP to see if I could help some folks out getting it to work for the templates. But really I know little about the program honestly.

(02-20-2011 03:41 PM)Alice Wrote:  As for the ability: I modified it so he could only do it a couple times before killing himself and with a fixed bonus. Is 2 fight dice too much?

Looks much better and less OP that way. I am thinking about +2 Fight Dice being a bit much... But with only 2 wounds to do it with, and having to take a wound to use it... it isn't really OP as much as it's a save your butt hero maneuver... unless he can continually get healed so has more uses... Hummm... I don't know. Guess we'd have to try him out and see how well he works now.
02-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I Like This Hero Alot!
It's fun with some new ideas on the special rules.
Im also working on some characters and scenarios, at first i used GIMP
but moved over to Photoshop instead. It was easier, but GIMP is
free so keep messing with the program and you will be fine.
It looks great even now.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
Find all posts by this user
02-21-2011, 04:53 PM
I fixed up some of the text on Gary and added a new hero. Hope you like her.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]
02-21-2011, 05:48 PM
i was thinking about 1 bonus die because what if he has the shovel, (dont have the card in front of me) but doesnt it give an extra die or something. or make it a once per turn ability but i guess the wound factor helps that out unless being healed by others a lot

i really like your heroes and look forward to more

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I like Ariel. Simple, interesting, and can be used really well strategically... or really killed fast if not. LOL Good job.
02-22-2011, 03:18 AM
I like them both. As much as I love to see people's takes on pop-culture icons, and love to do them myself, it is great when someone makes original characters. Nice job.

By the way...does anyone else find threads confusing when people go back and edit stuff? There have been several threads that I've read, where people will be making comments on a character or something, and I'll be like "what are they talking about?" only to find a post 2 or 3 pages in--"I went back and fixed that."

Like in this thread, I was trying to figure out why people thought the Undertaker was SO overpowered. Also, I wondered why people were like "nice character," because I was like "which one? there are two!" Only at the end of the thread to I see that it wasn't always like this.

Just mentioning it because I have this issue come up quite a bit, and wondered if other people were annoyed by it as well or if it is just me.
02-22-2011, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2011 04:06 AM by Alice.)
Lol. Sorry, Russ. I didn't think about that. I thought people would be annoyed if I posted a new picture every time I had to edit something. I'll try to keep that in mind.

On a side note, I made myself into a hero (lol, couldn't resist) and I was wondering if I should post it. I saw another thread where there may be a hero contest starting and one of the rounds might be making a hero version of a TZG member. I don't want to ruin the surprise if I would need to do this for the contest.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]
02-22-2011, 06:03 AM
(02-22-2011 03:54 AM)Alice Wrote:  Lol. Sorry, Russ. I didn't think about that. I thought people would be annoyed if I posted a new picture every time I had to edit something.

But you may be right! That's why I brought it up, I don't know if other people would be with me on this or not. It's totally possible that I'm just a weirdo and that most people would, in fact, be annoyed if you posted multiple pictures. Going back and editing seems to be the norm here, so I'm guessing there's a reason for that, and the reason might be that people get annoyed otherwise. So, I was just curious if people would be more annoyed or less annoyed by re posting corrections rather than editing them. I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.
02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
As far as I know, there is no rule for re-editing posts. I think most people edit it mostly for space reasons (6 copies of the same image on a server can add up over time) and for ease in finding the right image. I'd Hate to download a cool looking hero, play it, find it broken, reply to the thread... to find out they already knew that and somewhere in the middle of page two of the thread was an updated version that was missed... Sometimes folks don't have time, or are just too lazy, to read every post in a thread to get caught up.

I do think people should edit posts, for a number of reasons but should make a note that they updated the post *IN* the post they updated, as well as in a new post at the end of the thread. That way old people following the thread see it was updated (Via the new post) and new people see that it was updated (Via the 1st edited post). That might lessen up some confusion. But that's not a rule, just my opinion.

Editing posts helps some due to the number of pictures in a post... take the "post you heads" thread... lots of images in there... people with slower connections can take awhile to see that thread because all the images need to load slowing down everything. Another reason is storage space. Less repeat copies of images (for corrections) means more space to put new things up. Additionally, you'd have to rename each successive image for each change with a new "version" number or something. Which can get annoying after a while, but not a big deal really.

Personally I read everything anyway... I'm a Mod - It's my job. LOL But I did it before my promotion anyway. I am just anal about knowing as much as I can... Now I admit, I didn't read every old thread... talk about taking a long time. LOL But every new thread and post I do read, and if the post is in an old thread 6 pages long... I get a drink and a smoke and settle in for a long read. LOL So I rarely get confused, because I always assume that if it doesn't make any sense to be, then something was likely edited and corrected. By the time I finish I know what is what and what no longer matters anymore due to corrections. But that's just me - I'm strange that way. LOL But yes, it can be annoying sometimes when people don't mark their edits and corrections when they edit posts, it would make things so much easier.