Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amanda's Hide ability
03-01-2011, 08:01 AM
RE: Amanda's Hide ability
I'd say that there's rules reasons that each should be rolled individually, aside from meta-gaming and feel.
Imagine Amanda and 2 zeds (1 standard zed and one with a grave weapon) in the same square. The individual roles and fight resolutions would be key. It would be no good to roll 2d6, miss one roll and decide that the one successful hide was from the armed zed.

I see lots of reasons to play the fights/hides one at a time, and only quickness as a reason to roll all at once. Even then, does it really take that much longer to roll 1d6 5 times vs. 5d6? I think not Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 08:59 AM
RE: Amanda's Hide ability
(03-01-2011 08:01 AM)b0w53r Wrote:  I'd say that there's rules reasons that each should be rolled individually, aside from meta-gaming and feel.
Imagine Amanda and 2 zeds (1 standard zed and one with a grave weapon) in the same square. The individual roles and fight resolutions would be key. It would be no good to roll 2d6, miss one roll and decide that the one successful hide was from the armed zed.

I see lots of reasons to play the fights/hides one at a time, and only quickness as a reason to roll all at once. Even then, does it really take that much longer to roll 1d6 5 times vs. 5d6? I think not Watchmen02

Good call, and great first post Bowser! It seems you could only fairly roll all dice at once so long as all of the enemies are the same. If you are rolling against unique enemies, you should have to call each individual roll.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply