Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Settlers of Cattan fans?
07-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Any Settlers of Cattan fans?
My board game night friends and I picked up Arkham Horror and Settlers about 3 months ago, and maaaaan is Settlers a good time. Really fun!

Anyone else here dig it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2011, 03:10 PM
RE: Any Settlers of Cattan fans?
Settlers is the game -- other than LNOE -- I usually use to introduce people to "better than what Hasbro makes" games.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
It is one of 2 games I go to when introducing new people to games. The other one being dominion, I highly suggest it if you haven't tried. As mqstout says, they are both much better than any hasbro games.
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I think Battleship Galaxies from Hasbro might change that.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-29-2011, 07:44 AM
I absolutely love Settlers of Catan. Though, I haven't played with it in such a long time. But soon!
07-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I totally dig it.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I just played Settlers of Catan for the first time this week. One full game last week, and FIVE games last night. It was an absolute joy! I am glad to have finally played it, but a little sad that it has taken this long to get to it...

For the five games we played last night, we used the totally randomized board set up. Not one of those games played the same throughout the night. The strategy changes so much game to game based on the map (and what the dice are doing), it is maddening and joyful at the same time!
01-03-2012, 02:20 PM
i love SOC.. but don't care for the stone age version.. or the space version.

soundguy
01-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I learned to play SOC less than a year ago, and i am not a fan of the game.

Maily because Dice Games are not my friend. ( why i like LNOE is beyond my understanding, ohhh it has zombies)

My game club plays it often. I am always amazed by the amount of competition during the game. It starts of friendly, making needed or wanted trades. Then to blocking the person in the lead. I have never seen a fight, but tempers do flare. There are certian people in my game club, who will not play SOC with certian other people.

Yes, it is a classic brain game. Yes, i will play it. I enjoy the watching the competition, more than being in it.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
more strategy and pvp than dice imho