Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are the expansions worth it?
09-15-2011, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 03:51 AM by Jables.)
Are the expansions worth it?
I currently only have the base game that we have played to death. We're in the process of writing our own scenerios. But we were wondering if the expansions are worth buying as well? ?I think these are all the expansions and supplements:

Last Night on Earth 'Advanced Abilities' Supplement
Last Night on Earth 'Revenge of the Dead' Supplement
Last Night on Earth 'Stock Up' Supplement
Last Night on Earth 'Zombie Pillage' Supplement
Last Night On Earth: Growing Hunger
Last Night on Earth: Hero Pack 1
Last Night on Earth: Run For It!
Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest
Last Night on Earth: Zombies with Grave Weapons Miniature Set

Are they worth it? Which ones are the best?

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 03:08 AM
RE: A the expansions worth it?
So far I have growing hunger, hero pack one, and zombies with grave weapons miniature set. I would say that both growing hunger and hero pack one are both very good expansions and are worth getting. the zombie miniature set you could pass unless your like me and want to have more zombies in different posses, but other than the figures it doesnt really add much.
I should be getting survival of the fittest expansion in the mail any day. from what I have heard this one also comes highly recommended.

Eating brains and taking names.
09-15-2011, 03:29 AM
(09-15-2011 03:08 AM)abomination Wrote:  So far I have growing hunger, hero pack one, and zombies with grave weapons miniature set. I would say that both growing hunger and hero pack one are both very good expansions and are worth getting. the zombie miniature set you could pass unless your like me and want to have more zombies in different posses, but other than the figures it doesnt really add much.
I should be getting survival of the fittest expansion in the mail any day. from what I have heard this one also comes highly recommended.

What does Growing Hunger add to the add? New characters and scenarios I assume but are they good?

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
09-15-2011, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 03:38 AM by Pred.)
I have Hero Pack 1, and Survival of the fittest. My friend has most the other supplements, witch I plan on getting but I went out of the box and bought Invasion From out Space! Not only does that game bring in a whole new element of playing you can cross over the games witch each other. I mostly like playing Heroes and Zombies but having all those extra heroes, along with a whole other Heroes deck, with all new boards, makes for some really fun Scenario Making. For only $20 bucks more (on FFP) and almost equal to Growing Hunger on E-bay I would suggest that. I do plan on getting Growing Hunger next but I wanted the option for a third party to play a different character rather than 2 heroes 1 zombie if there was a third man to play. If you didnt want to go that route, and wanted to stay just in these expansions go for Growing Hunger next and if you got the extra dough the Zombie Pillage supplement is fun, I really like that scenario. Also survival of the Fittest, its what I went with because it brings a whole new element to the game other that Growing Hunger, like Survival decks and Grave Weapons!!

Best bang for buck list:

Invasion from Outer Space - all new boards, 2 all new decks, new class of Character, 5 new scenarios (these minis are made better to in my opion)and tons of punch outs. Plus JoJo the Dancing Bear and the Zard beast are two really cool Minis. Expect as much stuff in this just like Last Night on Earth.
Growing Hunger - 2 new boards, a few scenarios, 4 new characters, and play cards
Survival of the Fittest - really fun, zombies weapon deck, 2 survival decks for heroes, 10 new cards, a few new scenarios, 2 sewers, and a lot of punch outs
Hero Pack - 4 new Heroes , with some really good weapons (hunting rifle! range 5!!!)
Zombie Pillage - fun scenario, with really fun playing cards
and the rest are all I would choose second to the ones above

Hope that helps on your decision

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Go for Growing hunger and survival of the fittest first, growing hunger (I suggest this first) adds new game mechanics, board pieces and characters, survival of the fittest (second) adds a few very nice new game mechanics, both add cards and new scenarios. The rest only add some new characters, scenarios, cards or figures, which in my opinion are only optional and that is why I don't have them yet.
09-15-2011, 03:53 AM
RE: Are the expansions worth it?
Cool. If I can find Growing Hunger cheap somewhere I'll probably grab it. I like the idea of buying some more zombies too because I feel we need a scenarios that has just almost endless waves of zombies.

09-15-2011, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 04:20 AM by abomination.)
Sorry for being so vague so heres what growing hunger adds.
Growing hunger added alot you get two new L shaped boards one is the super market which lets you discard the top 3 hero cards and draw two hero cards. This building is very good and can easily be abussed if you have jake who lets you draw four cards off it and keep two of them. this board also has a drug store which alows you to pick up any first aid card. the other board has a factory where you can pick up the welding torch, a library where you reveal cards off the top of the deck until you get an event card, and an antiques shop which lets you shufffle tow cards from the discard pile back into the hero deck. both of these board are very good additions.

all four charaters you get are unique and bring something different. Sam is a beast being able to take four wounds and having the possibility of canceling zombie fight cards.Amanda can be tough to kill since she can cancel any fight and also has youth. her beautiful ability give male heros an extra fight dice when in the same space. not always useful but is very good when yo get to use it.Kenny also has youth and has clean up on isle 7 which lets him take wound or discard a item to kill any zombie beaten in a fight which is good if you got a buch of items you dont have a use for. Rachelle starts the game with a gun and a flashlight, how bad can you be if you start with a gun. she can also ignoe wounds if she rolls a six which is nice when it works she's my least favorite of the new heros but shes not bad.

You get 20 new cards for both the heros and the zombies the double handed weapons are pretty awesome and effective

you get three new scenarios I haven't played two of them but burn it to the ground was fun the other two seem pretty neat as well

You get seven red grave dead zombies which are zombies that get a bonus that you roll for.

Lots and lots of new tokens to help with custom scenarios

overall I would say its a very fun expansion, and if your only buying one now I would buy growing hunger.
Pred I think you just talked me into buying invasion from outer space next.

09-15-2011, 04:30 AM
(09-15-2011 04:17 AM)abomination Wrote:  Sorry for being so vague so heres what growing hunger adds.
Growing hunger added alot you get two new L shaped boards one is the super market which lets you discard the top 3 hero cards and draw two hero cards. This building is very good and can easily be abussed if you have jake who lets you draw four cards off it and keep two of them. this board also has a drug store which alows you to pick up any first aid card. the other board has a factory where you can pick up the welding torch, a library where you reveal cards off the top of the deck until you get an event card, and an antiques shop which lets you shufffle tow cards from the discard pile back into the hero deck. both of these board are very good additions.

all four charaters you get are unique and bring something different. Sam is a beast being able to take four wounds and having the possibility of canceling zombie fight cards.Amanda can be tough to kill since she can cancel any fight and also has youth. her beautiful ability give male heros an extra fight dice when in the same space. not always useful but is very good when yo get to use it.Kenny also has youth and has clean up on isle 7 which lets him take wound or discard a item to kill any zombie beaten in a fight which is good if you got a buch of items you dont have a use for. Rachelle starts the game with a gun and a flashlight, how bad can you be if you start with a gun. she can also ignoe wounds if she rolls a six which is nice when it works she's my least favorite of the new heros but shes not bad.

You get 20 new cards for both the heros and the zombies the double handed weapons are pretty awesome and effective

you get three new scenarios I haven't played two of them but burn it to the ground was fun the other two seem pretty neat as well

You get seven red grave dead zombies which are zombies that get a bonus that you roll for.

Lots and lots of new tokens to help with custom scenarios

overall I would say its a very fun expansion, and if your only buying one now I would buy growing hunger.
Pred I think you just talked me into buying invasion from outer space next.

Sounds great. Does this over power the heroes even more though? We find that the zombies get screwed over nearly every game because the heroes are so over powered.

09-15-2011, 04:39 AM
It doesn't seem to in my games, but the grave dead zombies will help tilt the scales back towards the zombie player
though the hunting rifle in the hero pack is a bit lopsided and very powerful for the hero's.

09-15-2011, 04:50 AM
(09-15-2011 04:39 AM)abomination Wrote:  It doesn't seem to in my games, but the grave dead zombies will help tilt the scales back towards the zombie player
though the hunting rifle in the hero pack is a bit lopsided and very powerful for the hero's.

The heroes get a lot of outs it seems. Especially when looking for scenario items and they pull out the "Just what I'm looking for" card and bam they have what they need. Zombie players need to be very lucky with their cards more so than the heroes.