Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are the expansions worth it?
09-18-2011, 10:41 PM
RE: Are the expansions worth it?
(09-18-2011 02:28 PM)Orguss Wrote:  You absolutely have to get Growing Hunger. Period. I would recommend Survival of the fittest and hero pack 1 as well. That's all the supplemental heroes, boards, new rules, decks, etc.

Beyond that, the level up mechanic was dumb. Kind of a waste. It was a nice to make heroes discard to do their stuff so they MIGHT lose by decking, since as it stands, it'll never happen.

The web supplements are nice, but the scenarios are printed on folded up paper which just astounds me. 10 bucks and it's not even card stock like the others.

Grave weapons have tokens, you don't have to have the minis. I prefer it, but it's not a necessity.

The CD can wait. And so on.

I've bought everything released for LNoE, and have to be a completist. This is about how I would tell new people starting to progress in buying.

If it's a money thing, get Growing hunger and survival and skip everything else. If you plan on grabbing, do it in the order I listed.

We got the cd soundtrack with the base game. It's so bad. lol.

I reckon Growing Hungry it is then.

Reviews of movies, games, tv shows etc found here for all geeks: Reviews with Jables and Quantom Watchmen01
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply