Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: What do you think about the cost of the NEW expansions
Too expensive
It's still worth the money
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Are the new expansions a rip off or worth it?
06-08-2011, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 11:57 PM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Are the new expansions a rip off or worth it?
After some consideration, I ended up voting "still worth the money."

Like a few others here, I went back and retrospectively tallied up what I'd spent. On that scale it seemed like a bit, but then it comes down to value for money. Also respect that value for money is subjective to the individual. My view was around:
1. Playability
2. Replayability
3. Enjoyability
4. Durability

Considering those, to me, passed with flying colours. With Emp on the web scenarios however... should be a cardboard scenario card. That's my only gripe.

A very good and well worded post from the OP as well. Kudos for that.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I have LNoE & GH +the extra set of Heroes & around 2 card suppliments,
which is enough for me as these don't see much play time.

AToE I have & will get all stuff FFP can issue,yes Hero pack #1
(will they ever get out #2)was a tad unbalanced in the price vs content
but I was pleased with it.

You can't really place hard values on Games,if you enjoy them the $ is worth it if you don't getting a lot for a great price doesn't really mean much.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-14-2011, 12:44 AM
I Have to agree with Jmun on this. I have spent a lot of money on the FFP games but every penny was worth it. I have played both ATOE And LNOE soooooo many times and everyone except my brother loves them both! My brother hates LNOE because he's 12 and zombies give him nightmares though, so he doesn't really count Zombie17 haha

I can't say enough good things about the expansions. They just rock dude.
07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I've been trying to find an expansion all over just to be able to answer that question myself? This thread is actually helpful because right now I can't find GH anywhere, not even used on ebay. I've had the original game for awhile and can't decide if I should buy some of the smaller available expansion to tide me over until they reprint GH (if they are), or possibly buy the martian game to combine with LNOE. Does anyone think it's worth it to buy the smaller ones or should I just wait it out and keep looking for GH?
07-03-2011, 12:27 PM
(07-02-2011 09:43 PM)tatianakyrrn Wrote:  I've been trying to find an expansion all over just to be able to answer that question myself? This thread is actually helpful because right now I can't find GH anywhere, not even used on ebay. I've had the original game for awhile and can't decide if I should buy some of the smaller available expansion to tide me over until they reprint GH (if they are), or possibly buy the martian game to combine with LNOE. Does anyone think it's worth it to buy the smaller ones or should I just wait it out and keep looking for GH?

Growing Hunger is the best but the other expansions are well worth getting too.
07-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Growing Hunger and Survival of the Fittest are the best on sheer content, but you can't really beat the amount of immersive ability you gain from the Hero Pack. I wouldn't buy the Grave Zombie Expansion without first getting the Survival of the Fittest first though. I myself did that as I was going into my local game store every couple days waiting for them to get their restocking order in and that was all they had. Still, if I could go back I would have waited. Watchmen02